Nightmares

I was running through what appeared to be the forest. "How did I get here?" I ask myself looking around. I stop running as I reach a burning village. It may have been 5 years but I knew exactly where I was. I was back home. I quickly turn my head around desperately trying to find my old house. As soon as I see it my eyes lock onto it as I run as fast as I can towards the building. When I reach it I can already see the door that has been burst through just like it had all those years ago. Just like all those years ago my parents lifeless bodies are lying on the floor. Seeing them like this even now makes me want to tear up like when I was a kid but I'm stronger now. I learned to change pain into anger like always. I turn my head from my parents bodies to see a figure limping inside with a cane followed by a few men. Half of his face seems highly scarred and damaged. "Excellent work releasing the Grimm into the city Mr Peevish. Their use has been very helpful." I watch as the man limps towards my father. I feel my blood start to boil. "Such a shame all this wasted in the end." He pokes my father with the cane. I want to lash out and beat his skull in but for some reason I can't move. "It would seem the Darkness has moved to the child. Scout the area and find him." The men begin to disperse. "We will have the Darkness even if I have to kill your son for it." The man say to my fathers corpse. This time I'm able to lunge forward but the setting has changed. I'm back in the forest. This time however I am not alone I look to my side to see someone with me. "Olivia?" She turns and looks at me I try to scream out for her to run but nothing comes out my vocal chords. She is soon being stuck down by a Grimm. I catch her as she is falling letting the Darkness out to kill the Grimm. All I can do is look at her down in my arms. Why is this happening again!? I want to go home. I want everything to go back to before the attack on the village before the darkness! I close my eyes wanting this nightmare to end. "Why did you let me die y/n?" I freeze and look down at Olivia but it's not her anymore it's Blake. My eyes shoot open.

Blake's Pov:

We all were getting more concerned when Y/n's breathing had become fast and heavy. Me and Yang got out of our bed. While Weiss and Ruby watched us. We made our way over to Y/n was visibly disturbed by whatever he as dreaming about. "We have to wake him up." I start to shake him lightly "Y/n it's me Blake." Y/n just starts to breath more it's heartbreaking to see him like this. I can tell that the others are worried about him too. I shake him again lightly. "Y/n you are having a nightmare please wake up everything is going to be alright." His eyes shoot open and he falls to the ground struggling to breath.

Y/n Pov:

I'm on the ground now desperate to get air into my lungs and covered in my own cold sweat. As soon as I'm able to get some air into my lungs I start to take deep breaths. 'What the hell was that dream about and Why did I have it?' I soon had my answer though. "I HAVE SHOWN YOU THE PAST Y/N USE MY POWER OR LET HISTORY REPEAT ITSELF!!!" I look at my hand that are extremely pale compared to normal. I hear a voice then look up from the floor to see four very disturbed girls. I look at Blake that's when I run out of the room.

 The cold wind bites at my skin. I had not even bothered to put anymore clothes on still in just my sleeping shorts. I just keep running though. I am both full of anger and sadness. 'What did you mean that was the past!?' I ask the Darkness in my mind. It laughs taunting me "I HAVE SHOWN YOU WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR FATHER AND WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO BLAKE IF YOU DON'T USE MY POWER!!" I stop in front of the training facility. I burst through the door finally letting out a pained and loud scream "FUCK!!!!" I let the Darkness burst out of me. It's larger than normal but I don't care I'm just so full of anger now and start to destroy all of the equipment around me. Soon I have nothing left to destroy thats when I fall to my knees. The tears now coming down from my eyes. "I thought I was past showing my emotions.." I punch the ground causing my knuckles to become bloody and I hold my hand.

Blakes Pov:
"Guys we should split up and look for y/n." They all nod as we go are separate ways to look for him. The first place I can think to look is the Library. When I step in and look round I can't see any clue or indication that he has been here. The next place I choose to look is the cliff side. Y/n said he liked to come here to look out to the forest sometimes. When I arrived my heart sank a little he wasn't here either. "Where are you y/n?" As I'm walking back I pass the training facility. I hear something hit the floor it sounds like a fist. I decide to look inside. I'm left in shock. The place is completely trashed. What catches my eyes the most is the figure in the middle of the room on his knees it's y/n. I don't say anything to him instead I slowly make my way over to him and sit in front of him.

Y/n Pov:

I see someone slowly move in front of me. I lift my head little to see it's Blake. I quickly try to cover the fact I have been crying. She stops me though. "Y/n what happened?" She asks me calmly. "I had a nightmare..." My voice cuts out and I stare at the ground. Blake reaches out and touches my shoulder. "It's okay take your time ." I look at her and take a deep breath. "The Darkness it showed me a nightmare. It showed me the night I lost my parents and Olivia." I look away from her. "Then it showed who was responsible for it." I feel my head being moved into Blake's lap. Normally I would protest and not let this happen but for some reason right now I just let it happen. "I thought you told me that they were killed by Grimm." I nod my head slowly "That's what I thought too..." Blake begins to run one of her hands through my hair and the other slowly traces patterns into my back at first I'm confused but quickly I'm embarrassed remembering i'm in just shorts. "My mother used to do this when I had a nightmare it would calm me down." She says calmly. Soon I slowly start to relax a little more. "The Darkness showed me that it was the brotherhood that brought the Grimm to village in the first place. It knew for five years and kept that from me." I want to get mad again but Blake is helping me stay calm for now. "Just before you guys woke me up you appeared in the nightmare." I close my eyes not wanting to remember it. "What happened y/n?" she asks. "You died..." The tears threaten to start again. "I don't want to lose anyone again. I spent five years alone in that forest. Now it's like nothings changed I'm threatened with losing it all over again." Blake tires her best to comfort me "That is not going to happen I promise." I look up at Blake from her lap. "I already failed once I can't fail again not this time. That's why I decided I'm going to face them. Tomorrow I'll be going to take them out." Blake looks at me sadly but she knows she can't change my mind. "Will you come back?" I nod my head. "You guys are all I have of course I will." She lets out a small smile and I try to smile back. "Blake..C...c...can I stay with you tonight like the other night?" Maybe I was asking to much as I see she looks shocked. I look to the side and try to explain my reasons. "I.. just don't want to be alone anymore tonight." It's silent again for a while. "Okay y/n.." I look up at her and lock eyes with her. I've never noticed how pretty Blake's eyes really were until now. She cuts my thoughts short though. "You are explaining to the rest of them where your going tomorrow then." I sigh "fine..." I now get up from her lap and help her up as we head back to our dorm.

3rd person

When Y/n and Blake arrive back at their dorm Ruby, Yang and Weiss are all waiting for them. "Y/n!!" The girls all say as he walks through the door while Blake sits on her bed. Y/n smiles a little at them but it's a sad smile. "We should all have a little talk." He says as he sits down on Blake's bed beside her. Y/n tells the rest of team RWBY about leaving the next day to face the brotherhood. It's clear that they are sad and don't want him to leave them but they understand. "I hope to not be gone long. I'm sorry about this and for tonight but I need to find some answers as well as making sure you guys are safe." Feeling exhausted Y/n now lies back in Blake's bed climbing under the covers falling asleep as soon as his head hits the pillow shocking the other girls. "He's staying with me tonight we don't want anymore nightmares." Blake says as she shoots a look at them as if to say don't ask. They nod and climb into their own beds. Blake now climbs under the covers ready to go to sleep herself. She is surprised however when she feels Y/n move closer to her and rests his head above hers. Blake doesn't know what to do or say but she doesn't care shes happy she can have this even if it's just for a moment. She smiles as she drifts off.

Y/n Pov:

The next morning I wake up and notice Blake's back pressed close into my chest my head above hers. Normally I would have freaked at being so close to someone like this like I had the other day. For now though I don't care I want to enjoy this unexpected feeling I'm having. Being like this with Blake makes me feel calm and relaxed it almost makes me not want to leave but I know I have to. I can't say if it would be feel the same to do this with anyone else but I don't want to try to find out. For some reason I feel the urge to wrap one of my arms around her but I decide against it and I close my eyes again instead. I must have drifted off because I can tell that I am now on my back with Blake lying on my chest. One of her arms is draped across me lightly holding my shoulder. Her head is rested on my torso above my heart which I can tell must surely be beating like crazy right now. It's only now I notice that my arm is around her body holding her waist. I now open my eyes to look down at Blake. To my surprise Blake is just opening her eyes as well. We just look at each other none of us saying a word or moving.