chapter 13

Ok since the last chapter was basically all triggers, this is the summary:
Connor goes home and Larry calls him a slur, and Connor has suicidal thoughts and ends up overdosing. However, the effects aren't immediate and he starts to regret it so he runs over to Evan's house. Evan then gets the pills out of Connor's system and calls 911.

////////////// /////////////// ///////////// ///////////

Evans pov

I pace around the waiting room. I fidget with my hands nervously.

"Hey, you should sit down and try to relax," a familiar voice suggests. "It's probably hard, but you have to try."

I turn to face the person.

He was the guy Mr. Heere was with!!

He gives a weak smile. "You're one of my bo- .. Best friend's students, right?"

I nod. Best friend? Mr. Heere was only his friend?

"No, I-I'm Evan. Wait. I mean! Y-Yes, I am, and my name is Evan, Evan Hansen. Andohmyfernthatwasstupidofme".

He chuckles. "No, its all good! I'm Michael Mell!"

I examine him, trying to guess his age. "U-um, can I ask a really weird question? Actually, nevermindthat'sso stupid,"

"Sure."

"Oh. Uh... H-How old are you? A-And who are you here for? And you don't have to answer if y-you don't want to."

He snickers when I say "here".

My heart speeds up. "D-Did I say something wrong?"

He shakes his head. "No, no, its... Never mind. I'm... Crap, I forgot my age." He he touches two fingers to his forehead. "Um... Right! I'm 22!"

I blink. "That's... Young. And how old is Mr. Heere?"

"22."

"O-Oh. So who... Who are you here for?"

"My boyfriend."

"Oh."

"I mean my best friend! Best friend. Yeah, best friend."

I furrow my eyebrows. That... doesn't seem believable at all...

I decide to hint that I completely accepted him. "I'm bi a-and I'm waiting for my crush- I MeAn-"

"You're bi?"

I nod. "So y-your boyfriend is," I gestured around the lobby.

He nods. "Yeah, he is," he said with dreamy eyes. "He's so nice! He's donating blood so he can help other people."

I nod, appreciative. "Wow," I commented.

Michael turns his gaze to me. "So your crush is heere?" He teases.

I blush furiously. "Agh!" Then he remembered what had happened a few hours ago. My smile melts and I clench my fist. "Yeah. H-he is."

I felt like crying. But I tried not to. I have to make a decent impression.

Michael's face softens. "What happened?" He asks.

"He-" My voice gets caught. I shook my head, blinking back tears.

Michael presses his lips in a line. "Oh. I'm sorry for... whatever happened. Is... are they ok?"

My heart hammers in my chest. "I... I don't know. I-I don't know if he's ok or not."