chapter 22

Evan's POV
Colour pencils were scattered all across the floor. The whole room was... Honestly, a mess.

Connor's laptop, which was set on his night stand, was still running.

I couldn't help but to be curious of what Connor had googled, so I peeked.

"How to make a cake that isn't burned"

I blinked. What?! Did he actually type that?!

I try to hold back from laughing.

Connor stirred. "Don't...don't eat my cupcakes," he murmurs.

This did it.

I laugh, which causes him to wake up.

"When did you get here?" He asked.

I smile. "Um, I wasn't... just now," I lied. 

Connor shoots me a suspicious look as he slowly closes his laptop. "You didn't see anything, did you?"

"Nope! Not at all!" I chirped.

He looks at me warily. "Really, now?"

"Positive," I reply.

Connor nods. "Alright, so... They told me I probably will get released by next week or so, so...yeah..."

"That's awesome! When... um... what will...What's the first thing you'll do when you get back to your home?"

"I'll bake a cake," Connor grins proudly. 

"Hope you don't burn it," I snicker.

Connor gasps. "So you did  look at my laptop!"

I choke. "What?! How did you know?!"

"You just confirmed it, Evan," laughs Connor.

I smile sheepishly. "Whoops."

Connor pats a spot next to him on the bed. "Join me."

I blush. "Um... I... Uh..." EVAN, NOW IS NOT THE TIME TO THINK STUFF LIKE THAT!

Connor rolls his eyes. "Bro, we kissed like three times already, no need to be awkward."

I nod. "Right, I just... I'm sorry," I stammer, getting on the bed.

I snuggle underneath the blankets next to Connor as he gets his laptop and places it on the blankets, on top of our laps. We both sit up.

"So," Connor starts, "What do you want to watch?"

"I don't know," I shrug.

"Porn it is," he declares.

"CONNOR!" I screech, my cheeks flaming. "NO! We are-! You can't just...do that!"

He laughs. "I was just joking, sheesh."

I don't respond.

"If you're not going to tell me want you want to watch, I'll choose for us," he warns.

"Ok."

The next thing you know, we had been watching nail art tutorials for the past hour.

I was pretty much losing interest in the videos. "Connor, this is boring," I groan.

"Shut up, it isn't," He scoffs.

"But-"

"-Alright, fine. Trees?"

" ... Are you...so you're assuming that everything I watch has to do with trees?"

"Yep, pretty much."