Chapter 4

TW: Suicidal thoughts
[If you or anyone you know is experiencing suicidal thoughts, please tell trusted people. You are not alone, even if you may feel like it. If you think your life is worthless, it's not. Every life has a purpose. You might think it doesn't, but it does. When you get through this, you'll be stronger, and wiser than before. Suicide is a serious matter. If anyone mentions having suicidal thoughts, take it seriously. Don't laugh at it or brush it off. They told you because you matter to them. -sorry, got a little carried away-] (enjoy the chapter!)
(Btw I will put a warning right before the scene comes, and a summary of it on the next chapter)
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Evan's pov.
Connor swung the door open, and declared, "We're late."

The arts teacher turned to look at us, and so did every one else.

"Well," Ms. Canigula announced, "The last three people in our class are here. Go take your seats."

I sat at the back. Connor took the seat in front of me, and Jared was on my right.

"Today's plan is simple: first, we'll talk about Shakespeare, and then we'll have a get-know-to-each-other time." Ms. Canigula informed. "Shakespeare....."

I zoned out and focused on Connor. He was still sparking. He also had pretty hair. How did I not notice?

Jared leaned over to me and whispered, "Staring at your future boyfriend, huh. Kinky!"

My face flamed and I ignored him.

"Evan? What do you think the answer is?" Ms. Canigula asked.

I started to sweat. I should've been paying attention! "U-um..." I frantically but secretly looked around for some hint.

Connor turned around and face me. Great. Now my heart was racing even faster. He quickly wrote "Capulet + Montague" on my paper.

Capulet and Montague... Capulet and Montague... where have I heard this? It's something by Shakespeare... Capulet... Juliet! And Montague...it started with an "R" ... Ro.. Roho? No. Rodeo? Definitely not.... Roneo, Romeo, wait, Romeo!

"Evan?" Ms. Canigula asked, "Do you know the answer?"

"Um, I.. I think so," I said, "R-Romeo and.. Juliet?"

Ms. Canigula beamed. "That's correct!" She turned back to the board and started talking about something else.

I shot Connor a grateful smile, and he beamed back, before turning back to the front. Holy fern, he's practically GLOWING! His smile made my face grow warm, and sent my heart racing again. Why does my heart keep racing whenever Connor was around? Stoooop! Please stop racing!!

I covered my face with my hands.
Why can't I control this? I'm fine, and I'm not panicking.

Jared answered my unspoken question. "Aww, you're in love with Connor," he cooed.

In love? Like kissing and holding hands? Pictures of Connor and I holding hands, kissing, and going on dates immediately fluttered through my brain. My face grew hot. I really do want that to happen someday. Great, I've unlocked my hidden desires with Connor.

"Shut up, Jared," I groaned.

Jared gasped. "You really do love him!"

I reluctantly nodded. "I probably don't have a chance, though. He's probably straight."

I thought I was straight! I liked Zoe Murphy for 3 years, and now? I suddenly like Connor much more than I ever liked Zoe! I didn't want to admit I liked Connor, because I was afraid if anyone besides Jared found out, I would be judged. I guess... that means I'm bisexual.