93

unique smile

Doyoung and Taeil weren't exactly on a date. It was just two guys out eating ice cream in the park. Nah, it was definitely a date. They weren't saying much to each other. But when one decides to say something, they both do at the same time. Now they were left in an awkward silence.

"Uhm,-"

"I-" Both looked at each other. Taeil looked away immediately blushing fiercely.

"Me first. Taeil Hyung I really think you're an amazing person and I think I like you." Jaw dropping news to Taeil. The two kept walking in silence for a minute. Taeil was still very confused and excited but he was also lost in what to say back.

"I... I like you too. But uhm, why are you telling me this now?"

"I uh, knew I liked you for a while.. But I wanted to be certain." He showed his gummy smile. Taeil did the same and showed his.

"You have a really unique smile." Taeil immediately frowned. People used to talk about him and call him emotionless because whenever he 'smiled' you couldn't really tell. His smile has improved over the years though.

"I don't like my smile." He looked down.

"What the fuck, really? I love it. It suits you." Taeil's head shot up. He couldn't believe his ears.

He had never told anyone about his smile. How much he hates it because it's not really there. Not even Taeyong and Sicheng knew about it.

"Oh."

"You're insecure about it. You really shouldn't be. I like your unique smile." Doyoung was confident in holding Taeil's hand when he grabbed it, but then he had no idea what to do after that. They were still walking, and by now they'd reach the other end on the park.

"Well what do you want to do now?" Doyoung asked. He pulled Taeil's hand closer to his side causing Taeil to go with it.

"We could go see a movie. But I don't know what's out these days." Doyoung's jaw dropped.

"Not to offended you, but I see what everyone means when they call you old now."

"What do you mean?"

"Hyung, nobody says these days when they are ending a sentence like that."

"I see." He nodded. They walked down the street to the movie theatre. They decided to see 'Train to Busan,' as it was a classic and Taeil's favorite.

Two hours later, everyone, including Taeil and Doyoung, walked out of the theatre holding in tears.

"I love that movie."

"I hate watching it. I always cry no matter how used to it I am." They were still holding hands; they hadn't let go except for when they went to the bathroom after the movie ended. Doyoung had argued with Taeil about walking the older home. He won.

The two were outside of Taeil's door. Both were blushing and neither looked at each other.

"Uh- thank you. Thanks for today. You uh, made me feel a lot more comfortable smiling too. So, thank you."

"Of course. You deserve the world... I was wondering. Would you perhaps, like to be, my boy- boyfriend?" Doyoung was blushing fiercely and was fiddling with his fingers while looking at the floor.

"Yes." He stopped with his fingers and looked Taeil in his eyes.

"Yes?"

"Yes. Goodnight, Doyoung." Taeil unlocked  his door and was halfway through the doorframe before Doyoung grabbed his wrist, pecked his lips, let go and ran down the hall of the apartment building still blushing and leaving Taeil happy yet confused.

Taeil closed his door and ran into his room only to scream at the sight of his best friends.

"You two almost made me have a stroke. Why are you here?" He bent over holding his chest while breathing heavily.

"You said you and Doyoung were going on a date."

"We wanted details. By the way Hyung, screaming so loud was unnecessary." Sicheng said while repositioning himself on the bed.

"It wasn't much. We got ice cream, walked through the park, and saw a movie."

"You didn't mention that he just asked you to be his boyfriend."

"Or that he kissed you and ran."

"Were you two watching me?"

"Only when you opened the door. We were watching TV." Taeyong smiled. But then his smile turned into a frown.

"Why didn't you tell us about your smile, that you weren't comfortable with it?" He asked. Sicheng now sitting up as well and directing his attention to the oldest.

"I don't know... When I'm with you guys I kinda forget that I don't like it." He sat down on his own bed.

"We like your smile too." Sicheng leaned forward and put his hand on Taeil's shoulder.

"Okay, so the date?" Taeyong asked again. Taeil told his best friends everything about the date. And then he went on to explain about how sweet Doyoung is.