three

harry's pov

i smirked, staring at the little blue-eyed boy sitting in front of me, looking frightful. "are you scared of me?" i broke the ice. he rolled his eyes. "scared? why would i be s-scared of you? and what makes y-you think so?" he stuttered.

i let out a chuckle. he's saying that he's not afraid of me but yet he's stuttering. how cute.

"wh-what you laughing at?" he furrowed his brows, attempting to look angry, but all i see is cuteness. "you're really cute when you're angry you know." i said, looking at his face fondly. and i could see a tint of pink growing at his cheeks. harry vs louis, 1 to 0.

"anyways, we should know more about each other. i literally had no information of you after that night." i suggested. "i mean there's a reason why i didn't want you to know any more than my name.." he mumbled. "what do you mean?" i asked, full of interest.

"i literally only wanted that to be a one-night stand but here you are, trying to court me.." he spoke while avoiding any eye contact. and somehow, i feel like that was one topic to touch on. and i did.

"why would you think that it's a one-night stand, louis?" his eyes immediately looked into mine when i mentioned his name. but it wasn't for long before he looked down again. "well it was a rough day for me, so i just went to the club, wanting to be loose. i didn't expect any serious commitments to happen there." he explained.

"rough day?" i seemed to pick up on that. he let out a long sigh, before looking at me again. "what's it to you?" he said coldly. i raised my hands up, surrendering. "i just wanna know more about you, sincerely." i smiled, putting my hands down on the table. then i grabbed his hands into mine. he flinched but i didn't mind.

"you're going to judge me.." he mumbled under his breath. i shook my head. "i promise i wouldn't." i reassured. he looked into my eyes, searching for the reassurance without words, which i fully gave to him. he could only sigh.

since i wasn't saying anything, he took it as a cue to start talking again. "i... my.. my ex-boyfriend broke up with me." he said quickly, removing his hands from mine but i immediately grabbed them back into mine, gesturing him to continue.

"and i get that i wasn't good enough for his pleasures. but i couldn't help but feel scared.." he started to get breathy, and i could tell that he was starting to cry. i rubbed his hands gently, telling him that everything is fine.

"no i really can't tell you more than this. you will judge me for sure. you will think differently of me and i don't want that." he pleaded, tears filling his eyes.

"louis. i won't think of you differently." i said gently. "promise?" he asked weakly. "promise."

"he broke up with me because i wouldn't let him put it in me... but i just couldn't! i was scared!" from that onwards, he started crying. i panicked but quickly grabbed tissues from my bag and passed it to him. he accepted it politely and used the tissue to cover his face, avoiding attention from people around us. i ruffled his hair, trying my best to soothe him.

after a while, he stopped crying and looked at me in the eyes. even though his eyes were a little red now, i still think that they're really beautiful.

"see, you're probably thinking that i'm a slut or something." he sniffed. i shook my head. i leaned forward and kissed his forehead.

"no lou. there must be a reason why you didn't let him do it. but this also shows that somewhere deep inside you, you actually trust me enough to do it with you. even though we didn't know each other at the moment." i spoke as softly as possible, not wanting to fear him even more.

"but he was my boyfriend.. and you were no one." and my heart broke at his words, but i totally understood what he meant. "and you know, maybe it was because of the alcohol." he added on. i nodded.

"that is also why i told you that i wanted to court you. because louis, i really felt something that night. maybe you did too, or maybe it was just me. it felt right, the both of us. and i knew that i needed you somehow." those words really did came from the bottom of my heart.

he kept silent. "i know that sounds crazy but i really do mean it. i don't know what it is, but whatever it is, it felt right." i said, grabbing his hands into mine once again.

"and even after what you told me, you're still the boy that i want to court and learn to love you more."

he blinked. then he cleared his throat. "i-i'm sorry. i need to be alone right now." he grabbed his bag and stood up, ready to leave the café. but i grabbed his wrists, stopping him.

he turned back, giving me the most stressed out expression i've ever seen. "at least exchange numbers, so i can contact you later or something." i grabbed my phone from my pocket and passed it to him.

he quickly typed down his digits, and i did the same to his phone. then we returned each other's mobiles.

"i'm sorry harry. but it's complicating right now." he apologized, looking at me one last time before leaving.

i sat there thinking of what happened. did i seriously just told him about my feelings indirectly?

-tbc-