The Beginning of A Journey

It is morning. Bilbo wakes up on his bed, and suddenly realizes that his house is very quiet. He walks all
around his house expecting to run into the dwarves; however, there is no one there. The house has been cleaned up completely from the mess of the party last night, almost as if it had never happened. He calls out "Hello ?" He looks a bit lonesome. He sees the Contract sitting on a table; he looks at it, then looks up with a determined face. He runs out the door of Bag End and down the path, wearing a travelling pack and holding the contract. He runs through Hobbiton, jumping over fences and pumpkins in his haste. His neighbors shake their heads at him. One of them asks him "Hey ! Mr. Bilbo ! Where are you off to ?" Bilbo answers "Can't stop, I'm already late !" His neighbor asks "Late for what ?" Bilbo shouts "I'm going on an adventure !" Meanwhile, the dwarves are riding their ponies, and Gandalf his horse, down a path through a wooded area. A few words of their conversation are heard, including "waste of time" and "use a hobbit". Bilbo runs up from behind them "Wait ! Wait !" Some dwarves says "Woah !" and stop their ponies. Bilbo catches up to them and hands Balin the contract "I signed it !" Balin takes the contract and inspects it with a pocket-glass. He then smiles at Bilbo "Everything appears to be in order. Welcome, Master Baggins, to the company of Thorin Oakenshield." The dwarves cheer. Thorin doesn't look too impressed "Give him a pony." Bilbo says "No, no, no, no, that--that won't be necessary, thank you, but I--I'm sure I can keep up on foot. I-- I--I've done my fair share of walking holidays, you know. I even got as far as Frogmorton once-WAGH !" His speech is cut off as Fili and Kili ride alongside him and pick him up from behind to put him on a pony. He is riding a pony and looking quite terrified. The pony neighs and tosses its head, making him quite uncomfortable.

Oin says "Come on, Nori, pay up

Oin says "Come on, Nori, pay up. Go on." Nori tosses a sack of money to Oin. Sacks of money begin passing between the dwarves. Oin laughs "Hey, hey, hey !" Some of the dwarves laugh as well. Bilbo asks "What's that about ?" Gandalf tells him "Oh, they took wagers on whether or not you'd turn up. Most of them bet that you wouldn't." Bilbo asks him "What did you think ?" Gandalf mumbles "Hmmm." He catches a sack of money tossed to him and puts it in his bag "My dear fellow, I never doubted you for a second." Bilbo sneezes loudly "Ohh. All this horse hair, I'm having a reaction." He searches his pockets for his handkerchief. He is unable to find it, and he looks up in shock "No, no, wait, wait, stop ! Stop ! We have to turn around." The entire company comes to a halt, and the dwarves start objecting and asking what the problem is. Gandalf asks "What on earth is the matter ?" Bilbo says "I forgot my handkerchief." Bofur tears a strip of cloth from his clothing and tosses it to Bilbo "Here ! Use this." Bilbo catches the rag and looks at it in disgust. The dwarves laugh and begin to continue their journey. Thorin tells them "Move on." Gandalf tells Bilbo "You'll have to manage without pocket-handkerchiefs and a good many other things, Bilbo Baggins, before we reach our journey's end. You were born to the rolling hills and little rivers of the Shire, but home is now behind you; the world is ahead." We see the Company travelling through many beautiful areas of Middle-earth, including forest, hills, and plains.
*In Rivendell*
Thyri looks at a statue. Behind her, the one, who taught her to improve her skin-changer powers, Lord Elrond, stands behind her. He says "It has been a long time since I saw you looking at this statue." The dwarf smiles "It always helped when I was just a beginner." She sighs "Do you think my brother and his fellow companions will forgive me for not being here for them ?" He says "Nowadays, you were too dangerous because you didn't know how to control your animal spirit." She says "I didn't know anything about my animal spirit." He asks "You will join them in their journey then ?" She nods and looks at him "I will. They'll need me." The elvish lord replies "The slayer needs a new trophy." She says coldly "Smaug will perished. I will slay this slug's head." He chuckles "You still have this fire in your eyes when you talk about slaying." He walks away. Thyri looks at the starry sky "I wonder what they are doing and how are they."