Orc hunters and some help

It is morning; the dwarves have been freed from the spit and from the sacks. Gandalf walks to one of the troll statues and thumps it with his staff, with a pleased smile on his face. Thorin asks him "Where did you go to, if I may ask ?" Gandalf says "To look ahead." Thorin asks "What brought you back ?" Gandalf tells him "Looking behind. Nasty business. Still, they are all in one piece." Thorin says "No thanks to your burglar." Gandalf replies "He had the nous to play for time. None of the rest of you thought of that." Thorin looks repentant. Gandalf and Thorin examine the statues of the trolls. Gandalf says "They must have come down from the Ettenmoors." Thorin asks "Since when do mountain trolls venture this far south ?" Gandalf replies "Oh, not for an age, not since a darker power ruled these lands." Gandalf and Thorin look meaningfully at each other. Gandalf says "They could not have moved in daylight." Thorin says "There must be a cave nearby." The company finds a large cave nearby, and they enter it. It is full of treasure the trolls have been hoarding. Nori asks "Oh, what's that stench ?!" Gandalf tells them "It's a troll hoard. Be careful what you touch." As they enter the cave, many of the dwarves cough and retch at the pungence. Inside, they find piles of gold coins and other treasure in caskets. Bofur says "Seems a shame just to leave it lyin' around. Anyone could take it." Gloin says "Agreed. Nori, get a shovel." While exploring, Thorin finds two swords covered in cobwebs. Gandalf approaches him. Thorin says "These swords were not made by any troll." He hands one sword to Gandalf and keeps the other one. The wizard says "Nor were they made by any smith among men." He draws the sword in his hand out of its sheath a few inches "These were forged in Gondolin by the High Elves of the First Age." Realizing that they are Elven swords, Thorin starts to put his away in disgust. Gandalf tells him "You could not wish for a finer blade." Reluctantly, Thorin holds on to the sword. He draws it out of its sheath a few inches as well. Some of the dwarves fill a chest with treasure, then bury it in a hole in the ground. Dwalin looks on in disgust. Gloin says "We're makin' a long term deposit." Thorin tells them "Let's get out of this foul place. Come on, let's go. Bofur ! Gloin ! Nori !" On his way out, Gandalf steps on something metallic. Brushing aside the leaves beneath him with his staff, he finds another sword. Gandalf exits the cave and heads over to where Bilbo is sitting "Bilbo." "Hmm ?" He hands Bilbo the sword he just found "Here. This is about your size." Bilbo hands him back the sword "I can't take this." Gandalf tells him "The blade is of Elvish make which means it will glow blue when orcs or goblins are nearby." Bilbo says "I have never used a sword in my life." Gandalf tells him "And I hope you never have to. But if you do, remember this : true courage is about knowing not when to take a life, but when to spare one." Thorin shouts "Something's coming !" Bilbo calls out "Gandalf-" Gandalf shouts "Stay together ! Hurry now. Arm yourselves." Bilbo slowly draws his sword and looks at it.

He then follows the others, who have run off into the woods

He then follows the others, who have run off into the woods. Someone rides at full speed through the forest on his rabbit-drawn sled. He pulls up short by the Company "Thieves ! Fire ! Murder !" Gandalf says "Radagast ! Radagast the Brown. Ah. What on earth are you doing here ?" Radagast tells him "I was looking for you, Gandalf. Something's wrong. Something's terribly wrong." Gandalf asks "Yes ?" Radagast opens his mouth to speak, but shuts it. He opens his mouth again, but closes it again. He has forgotten what he was going to say "Oh, just give me a minute. Um, oh, I had a thought, and now I've lost it. It was, it was right there, on the tip of my tongue." He curls up his tongue, and looks surprised "Oh, it's not a thought at all; it's a silly old..." Gandalf pulls a stick insect out of Radagast's mouth "-stick insect !" The dwarves and Bilbo look flustered. Radagast and Gandalf go off a few paces and speak privately. Suddenly, a howl is heard in the distance. Bilbo asks "Was that a wolf ? Are there--are there wolves out there ?" Bofur says "Wolves ? No, that is not a wolf." From behind a nearby crag, a Warg appears; it leaps into the midst of the Company, knocking down one of the dwarves. Thorin strikes and kills it using his elven sword. Another Warg attacks from the other side; Kili shoots it with an arrow, bringing it down. However, it gets back up, only to be killed by Dwalin. Thorin says "Warg-Scouts ! Which means an Orc pack is not far behind." Bilbo asks "Orc pack ?" Gandalf asks Thorin "Who did you tell about your quest, beyond your kin ?" Thorin says "No one." Gandalf asks "Who did you tell ?" Thorin says "No one, I swear. What in Durin's name is going on ?" Gandalf tells him "You are being hunted." Dwalin says "We have to get out of here." Ori tells him "We can't ! We have no ponies; they bolted." Radagast says "I'll draw them off." Gandalf tells him "These are Gundabad Wargs; they will outrun you." Radagast says "These are Rhosgobel Rabbits; I'd like to see them try." The orc leader of the Warg Riders and his Wargs are searching through the forest for the Company; suddenly, Radagast and his rabbits shoot out of the forest, and the Wargs start chasing him.