Rivendell

The dwarves are sitting around tables in the Elven court, eating. However, they are not very appreciative of the Elves' vegetables. Dori tells his younger brother "Try it. Just a mouthful." Ori says "I don't like green food." Dwalin looks through a bowl of greens "Where's the meat ?" Oin holds up a vegetable with his knife and looks at in disgust. Ori asks "Have they got any chips ?" An Elf maiden plays a harp in the background. Elrond and Gandalf walk through the halls of Rivendell. Gandalf says "Kind of you to invite us. I'm not really dressed for dinner." Elrond says "Well, you never are." Then, they heard a feminine voice chuckling behind "I never heard you speaking like this, my friend." They turn their heads and see Thyri.

Gandalf bows his head "My Lady, I see you healed well

Gandalf bows his head "My Lady, I see you healed well." Thyri smiles "Indeed. How are you feeling ?" He smiles back "Fine thank you."  They laugh, and they arrive at the courtyard where the dwarves are eating. An elf maiden plays a flute. Oin, not liking the sound, stuffs a napkin in his hearing trumpet, and looks happy that he can no longer hear the music. Elrond tells the company "My fellow comrades, I would like to introduce you to someone. My Lady, come and feast with us." The company looks at the female dwarf who just walked in. Some of them gasps in surprise. Dwalin says "By Durin's beard... it is impossible." Balin asks "Thyri ? Is it really you, my dear ?" Thyri smiles slightly "It's been a while, lads." She walks toward the dwarf prince. She sits next to him "Good evening, brother." He didn't respond but clenched his cup pretty hard. Still at the feast, Elrond examines the swords Gandalf and Thorin found in the trolls' hoard. He looks at Thorin's sword first "This is Orcrist, the Goblin Cleaver. A famous blade, forged by the High Elves of the West, my kin. May it serve you well."

He hands Orcrist back to Thorin, who accepts it with a nod

He hands Orcrist back to Thorin, who accepts it with a nod. Elrond then examines Gandalf's sword "And this is Glamdring, the Foe-hammer, sword of the King of Gondolin. These swords were made for the goblin wars of the First Age..." Elrond's voice fades on the soundtrack, as Bilbo pulls out his sword and looks at it. Balin tells him "I wouldn't bother, laddie. Swords are named for the great deeds they do in war." Bilbo asks "What are you saying, my sword hasn't seen battle ?" Balin tells him "I'm not actually sure it is a sword; more of a letter opener, really." Thyri asks Gandalf "How did you come by these ?" Gandalf tells her "We found them in a troll hoard on the Great East Road, shortly before we were ambushed by orcs." Elrond asks "And what were you doing on the Great East Road ?" No one answers; Thorin looks perturbed. Thyri grabs his hand. He whispers her "We need to talk." Thyri nods "I understand." She stands up, Thorin as well "Excuse us." Elrond and Gandalf nod. As the rest of the company watches the siblings and their nephews walking away, Bilbo asks "Where are they going ?" Bofur says "Don't worry, lad. It's just a family reunion."
Thyri's POV :
It's time to tell them the truth. It has been 171 years that I have seen my family. I never saw my sister's sons, their childhood and how they came to be in this quest to reclaim Erebor. We walk in the field. I hear Fili asking "Why are you there, aunt Thyri ? How did you escape from the flames ?" Kili says ''Mother and Uncle Thorin told us that you perished in Dale.'' I sigh "Lord Elrond saved me from Dale's ruins. I'm grateful to him ever since." Thorin asks angrily "Did he ? Then, why didn't he save us as well ? Are you that selfish to abandon your own kin ?" I wince at his tone and didn't respond. He shouts "ANSWER ME, YOU FILTHY TRAITOR !" I shiver in fear and let out tears. I slap him hard. Fili and Kili look at me shocked. I say "You don't know how I suffer from this. You don't know ANYTHING !'' I grab him by his collar ''Call me traitor once more and you'll never see Erebor's corridors ever again. You wanna know what happened ?'' I showed them my burns and scars that I received throughout all of my voyages, well only the ones which aren't hidden by my bandages ''Well, this happened." The three of them look like they wanted to murder someone. Kili asks, gritting his teeth "Who did this ?" I say "A dragon. Not Smaug." Fili asks "You encountered another dragon ?" I say "I encountered many dragons. More ferocious than Smaug." Kili asks "What happened when you saw them ?" I say "I slayed them." Thorin asks "You what ? By yourself !? Are you mad ?" I chuckle "The world didn't name me as The Dragonslayer for no reason." They stepped back a little. I pull down my shirt and sit down. Thorin left after I sat down. I sigh "Fili, Kili. I know that I wasn't there in practically your whole childhood but I want you to know that I am so proud to have strong and fearless nephews as you two. It shows that brother Thorin and Dwalin taught you well." The brothers smiles proudly. I smile back but frown "And I am sorry." Suddenly, they both hugged me. Fili says "We know it's not your fault, auntie." Kili chuckles "Yeah. And also we can't be more thankful to have an aunt like you. So thank you." I smile in tears. Then, we saw that Thorin left us. I sigh. Fili asks "What's the matter with him ?" I say "I'm sure that he's not happy to see me alive then." Kili scoffs "Do not say that. You belong in this world." I look down "He would not appreciate if I join you in the quest of reclaming Erebor. It doesn't matter. I will do it by myself." Fili grabs my hand "I would rather die than see you going into the mountain by yourself." I chuckle "Fili, you do know that I am older than you. Far much older. I can take care of myself." Kili says "But we don't want you to go away from us. We want to know you better. Better than the stories that Balin, Dwalin and Thorin told us about you." I smile "You two are just like your mother. You don't want me to go away from you." Both of look at me, confused.