The Misty Mountains/Goblin Town

It is morning; the dwarves are hiking along the path away from Rivendell. Thorin says "Be on your guard; we're about to step over the edge of the Wild. Balin, you know these paths; lead on." Balin nods "Aye." Bilbo turns around and looks back at Rivendell, longingly. Thyri puts her hand on his shoulder and says "Do not worry. You will see it again one day. I'm sure." Thorin tells them "Master Baggins, I suggest you keep up. You too, Thyri." Thyri mocks him "I suggest you keep up." She rolls her eyes "Pff... I always keep up, Mr. Poopy pants." Dwalin scolds her "Thyri, don't start. You were like this too." She pouts and looks away "You were supposed to be on my side. And Balin on Thorin's." He chuckles "Just like the old days." She smiles. The dwarves and Bilbo continue on their journey. They were hiking through the wilderness of Middle-earth, over ranges, mountains, and plains. They are crossing the Misty Mountains; the trail is narrow and dangerous, with a cliff on one side and a sheerdrop on the other. There is a fierce storm in the air, with lightning and rain all around. Thorin shouts "Hold on !" As Bilbo walks, the stone beneath his feet gives away, and he starts falling into the chasm; Dwalin manages to pull him back in time. Thyri shouts "We must find shelter !" Dwalin shouts "Watch out !" The Dwarves look up and see a massive boulder hurtling through the air; it hits the mountainside above them, causing rocks to fall all around them as they press themselves against the mountain. Balin shouts "This is no thunderstorm; it's a thunder battle ! Look !" A stone giant rears up from a nearby mountain; it rips off a massive boulder from the top of the mountain. Bofur says "Well bless me, the legends are true. Giants; Stone Giants !" Thorin shouts "Take cover : you fool !" Kili asks "What's happening ?" The giant throws the boulder far in the air.

Another stone giant appears from behind the Company, and it is hit in the head

Another stone giant appears from behind the Company, and it is hit in the head. The dwarves yell at each other to brace and hold on, and the rocks beneath their feet begin to give way from all the vibrations and from the impact of the falling rocks. The ground between some of the Company members splits; part of the group is on one side, and part on the other. Fili shouts "Kili ! Grab my hand ! Ki..." As the two stone giants fight with their fists, the dwarves hold on tight as they are flung around. One of the groups manages to jump to a different spot. A third stone giant appears, and it throws a boulder at the head of one of the first two. That one falls over; as the first group watches, it appears to them that the other group of the Company has been smashed to bits. The hurt stone giant loses its footing and falls down the chasm. Thorin shouts "No ! No ! Fili ! Thyri !" The group rushes to the spot where the others appeared to have been crushed, but they are safe.