The Home of My Heart

"How did you know?"

In the past, it had been nothing but a mere dream for her, one silly wish that she had sometimes come up with whenever she looked through the high windows of the castle or hearing the sounds beyond the walls and the closed doors she had hid herself behind for so many years; to feel so welcomed and accepted no matter what she was capable of, no matter what kind of magic she possessed, dreams that she had told herself to bury deep within her, for there was no way it could become a possibility for her future.

And yet now that she had faced the world, no matter how the situation had not been in her favor earlier on, to let them actually see her instead of only being left to wonder of the mysterious young Queen of Arendelle, it was not as scary as she had once thought, not when she realized that she was not alone in the world, that she has those who given her such unconditional love and stood by her side despite her own selfish self in the past, despite how she had pushed them all away from her, those who truly cared would only push back, to break the walls she had built high surrounding her to protect her own vulnerable self.

To reveal her power to her people, out in the courtyard where those who could not come inside gather, was far easier if compared to how it had happened inside the ballroom, mainly due to the fact that their first-impression of it had not been jagged ice that came straight up from the ground. Their reaction of surprise was expected, yet it was far easier for her, with the help of Hans and Anna, to explain and convince them of the same thing that she had did to the royal guests; that she would never mean for harm to come to anyone's way with her power.

With everything falling into a peaceful place, with her turning the water of the two fountains in the courtyard into beautiful curved ice sculpture and layering the stone floor with a thick layer of ice to skate on, it was the first time that she ever retired back into the bedchamber in such a great mood despite being so exhausted.

The question uttered by her husband as they lay in bed, clad in their own sleeping attire; had been the ice breaker in the comfortable silence that had befallen them. "Know what?"

"That love is the answer."

It had taken her a little while to come up with an answer, one that did not sound as silly as a mere 'hunch', one that she could explain without giving her husband confusion instead of an understanding, and while she thought about it her finger traced over his bare chest, still gloved for she still was not comfortable enough to push her boundaries further even when her fingers did not even feel cold as they usually do. "I would think that you were the reason behind it, in a way." She began as her head tilted up to see his face. "The memories with you, of when for the first time in what seemed to be forever I truly felt loved... I realized that I have the feel of control over my magic. The first time that we got intimate, I created a layer a frost on the ceiling, but I didn't fear it."

"Well, I'm glad to hear that was the cause." Hans' amused laugh had prompted her to roll her eyes, for despite the fact that he was the Admiral Westergaard that many looked up to, the way he spoke before her could be so ridiculous at times that he was lucky to have the Queen as his wife. "But in all seriousness, my darling," by the time his laughter had died down, his voice had turned into the gentle manner that always managed to make her heart flutter. "I am truly glad that now you don't need to hide anymore. To see you smile and to be happy around your people, to see how you hold Anna's hands to keep her from slipping down... I would like to witness things like that more often, if I may."

Another silence passed between them, calm and peaceful, and she spent it to marvel at how the warmth of his arm wrapped around her felt against her skin, that despite the difference in their body temperature they no longer found it to be such an extreme contrast, rather they completed each other and help each other reach the temperature both much preferred.

"Are you disappointed though, Hans?" She could not help the thought when she recalled of what had happened in the evening, the event that led into the changes in her life, of the words that Anna had spoken. When the auburn haired man had raised one of his eyebrows in question, she had only sighed. "That I'm not... with child." She wanted to scowl at the thought, for now she did have a little idea of how he desired to have a child with her, and he had perhaps hoped the assumption to be right.

"A little, yes." His honesty surprised her, he had never had the intention to hold back anything against her nor did he hide any secret, and her eyes had widened at his confession. "But," his arm wrapped tighter around her figure, slender and slim against his muscled torso, and the smile on his face gave a little reassurance for her. "We are both young, there are many things are waiting ahead of us, Elsa, and I believe children would be one of them. Yet, if you're impatient then I'm sure we can arrange that future to come a little faster."

The way he moved her body to lay on top of him as he spoke prompted a laugh from her, genuine and amused while she tried to keep it down, until she sat right against his hips, hands pressed firmly against his chest. "Well, Admiral, aren't you such a charmer."

"I have the Queen of Arendelle as my wife; I would say my charms are quite potent indeed."

The End

---

We've reached the end of this fic and I would like to thank every single one of you who have stick around and leave comments and voted for this and I hope to see you on another fic of mine.

Or perhaps... a sequel?