TWO

"What did you need to talk to me about so urgently?" Lydia asked as she laid down on Katherine's bed, setting her chin on the heel of her palm.

Katherine flopped down next to her on her back, letting out a small puff of air. She knew she wouldn't be able to talk to Lydia privately once school started — too many things would be going on in their lives — and with the senior scribe going on later that night, mid after noon was the best time to catch up on girl things.

"I think I fell in love with someone," Katherine answered after a moment, keeping her focus on the ceiling she'd painted yellow.

"Who," Lydia asked immediately with a wide grin. Katherine let out a faint chuckle. Ever since that night in the school with the Alpha, Lydia had almost made it her mission to find Katherine a boyfriend.

Even though she'd been barely thirteen years old at the time.

Katherine closed her eyes a moment before answering.

"Liam."

The word came out so quietly she wasn't sure Lydia had actually heard her. But when she heard a faint squeal and was hit in the stomach with a pillow, she knew she had.

She looked over at Lydia, who was smiling widely at her. "You're in love with—"

Katherine hastily slapped a hand over her mouth. "Don't say it," she breathed out. She moved herself into a sitting position and let out a sigh. "I don't know what to do, Lydia," she groaned, feeling her shoulders slump.

"This is a good thing," Lydia promised her with a wide smile.

"It doesn't feel like it," Katherine grumbled. "I get nervous whenever he's around, my heart starts racing, I blush like crazy, and what makes it worse is that with the whole werewolf super-human-senses thing he's got going on, he knows it."

"He's a boy, though," Lydia smiled knowingly. "Even if he can hear your heart racing and smell the nervousness, he wont know why."

Katherine smiled faintly, knowing she was beyond right. "Fair enough."

"Just work up the courage to tell him," Lydia murmured, sitting up and dropping an arm around her shoulders. "I can promise you it's going to end better than you think it will."

•••

"Do you think your brother is going to trust me any time soon?" Liam frowned from where he stood, chained to a large tree.

Her, Scott, Stiles and Liam had gone out of town to a cliff that overlooked Beacon Hills, just to ensure Liam was fully in control of himself under the effects of the full moon. None of them wanted a repeat of the last one, that she was very sorry she'd missed.

"Probably not," Katherine shrugged. She took a her packet of gum out of her pocket and popped one into her mouth, then silently offered one to Liam.

"Yeah, I guess so, sure," he sighed. Katherine smiled faintly as she unwrapped it for him, then awkwardly reached over to put it in his mouth. "Thanks."

She looked over at Stiles and Scott, who were bickering quietly over living quarters for University on the hood of the jeep a few meters away. "What are they talking about?" She asked curiously, then blew a bubble as she leaned her back onto his shins.

"Whether or not they think I'm okay to get out of the chains," Liam grumbled. Then he straightened himself up and pursed his lips. "Yes!" He called out in annoyance.

Katherine let out a faint giggle when Scott and Stiles turned to look at them, immediately covering her mouth when she was given a scolding look. She covered her mouth to hide her smile.

"Hey!" Stiles yelled. "We're trying to have an adult conversation over here!" Scott was watching the two in amusement, a small smile on his face.

"Okay, you're two years older then me," Liam grumbled unhappily, looking at the ground. "And I'm fine, just let me go." He stared at them with raised brows, waiting for them to argue. Katherine heard the chains rattle as he shifted his weight from one foot to another.

Scott and Stiles wandered towards them slowly. "It's not that we don't trust you," Scott promised him as he fished out the key to the chains from his pocket.

"It's that I don't trust you," Stiles corrected, pointing at himself.

"I trust you," Katherine chuckled as she climbed to her feet and dusted the dirt off her pants.

"But after that last full moon," Scott continued, blatantly ignoring Stiles.

"It was one slip up," Liam frowned.

"Slip up," Stiles scoffed. "A dozen calls to the Sherriff's Department about a monstrous dog boy running around the streets of Beacon Hills naked. That's a slip up?"

Scott made a face. "Why were you naked?"

"It was really hot out that night, okay?" Liam grumbled, looking down at the ground to avoid seeing just how amused Katherine was with the turn of conversation. Then he looked at Scott pleadingly. "Just let me go, okay?"

"Are you sure you're okay?" Scott asked gently.

"It won't happen again," Liam promised.

Scott smiled. "You're in complete and total control," he clarified.

Liam nodded, then sighed. "Yeah. Complete and total."

"That's good, 'cause it's getting kind of cold out," Katherine hummed. Scott undid the chains and dropped them in Stiles' canvas bag. He picked it up and wandered towards the jeep, kathetrine shortly behind.

When she realized Liam wasn't with them — he was still at the tree looking at his palms — she frowned. "You coming, Liam?" She called, tilting her head to the side as Stiles started the Jeep's engine.

His head snapped up, and a faint smile appeared on his lips when he looked at her. "Yeah," he nodded. "I'll be there in a sec."

"Alright," Katherine shrugged. She wandered over to the jeep and made Stiles move out of the way so she could get into the back seat. Then she buckled her seatbelt and made herself comfortable with her legs straightened across the seat. She pulled out her phone and began playing Candy Crush to pass the time.

Liam came in moments later and lifted her legs, sat down, then dropped them back onto his lap. Katherine smiled happily, and continued playing her game.

Stiles and Scott bickered quietly amongst themselves as they drove along the empty road in the direction of the town.

"Kat, did you bring your charger with you?" Liam asked quietly, shifting in her seat.

"Yeah," Katherine nodded, glancing up from her phone. Her level ended as she ran out of moves, and she pouted. "Awe shit."

"Watch the language back there please and thank you," Stiles spazzed from the front seat.

Katherine rolled her eyes and let out a small chuckle as she shook her head. "I'll do that when we can go a full year without someone trying to kill us."

A/N:
Meant to post this yesterday, sorry.