FIVE

As the two rounded the corner towards the school, Katherine stumbled into a bench and cursed.

Loudly.

After promising over and over again that she was fine and wouldn't slow them down, she had been put down on the ground and was sprinting behind him.

"Can you see Stiles!" She called out, forcing herself to move faster. Her legs were burning and her chest ached, but if they wanted to save Scott from whoever was after him, every second counted.

"Yeah, I'm pretty sure he's making out with Malia!" Liam yelled back from the short distance ahead of her.

Katherine rolled her eyes. Of course that's what they were doing.

Typical teenagers.

Liam slowed to a stop in front of them, but Malia threw her hand out and grabbed his chest, then slammed him into the ground. Katherine let out a shriek as she ran into her brother, who made a strange noise as she accidentally shoved him into the support pole behind him.

"Oh my god!" Stiles yelped, throwing his hands up in the air once Katherine had regained her balance.

Liam laid there for a moment, catching his breath before looking directly at Stiles. "Scott's in trouble," he panted, his hands falling on his chest.

Katherine nodded rapidly, her chest heaving as she tried to catch her breath.

After a moments hesitation, the four of them were running to Stiles' Jeep. Katherine and Liam practically threw themselves into the back seats. Before they could even do up their seatbelts, Stiles was tearing out of the parking lot and speeding down the road.

Katherine chewed anxiously on the skin around the nail of her thumb, only stopping when she broke skin and the metallic taste of blood filled her mouth.

Noticing the sudden strong scent of iron, Liam grabbed her hands and held onto them. He played with her fingers, trying to distract himself as well.

She stared out the window, watching as the cars few by before tilting her head up to look at the night sky. The stars were out and twinkling brightly above them lighting up the inky blackness around them.

When Katherine felt tears well up in her eyes, she pulled one of her hands away from Liam and placed it over her mouth, letting out a shaky breath.

After a moment she curled into his side and laid her head on his shoulder, and she heard him inhale sharply. Then he wrapped his arms around her and gently rubbed her back. He set his chin on top of her head, then let out a small sigh.

As soon as stiles swerved over to the side of the road to park, Katherine hastily undid her seatbelt and stumbled out of the car, following Malia across the roads and to an over pass.

She could see Scott and Kira were fighting some kind of creature — a werewolf — covered in some kind of black blood, with blue glowing claws. There was another boy Scott's age laying on the ground with Kira, clearly recovering from an attack from the creature.

Katherine was unable to muffle her scream as she watched the man grabbed Scott by the throat, then imbedded his claws into his chest. She immediately covered her mouth in shock, tears spilling down her cheeks as every muscle in her body tended.

This is just like Allison all over again.

Scott went limp for a moment, and she latched herself onto Stiles as she let out a small sob. She closed her eyes and buried her face in his chest, not wanting to see anything else. Then he gave her shoulder a light nudge. When she eventually looked up, Scott was holding onto the mans chest as he slowly rose up to his feet.

He yanked harshly, causing the claws to break off in his chest, and the man let out a low snarl. Scott threw the claws away from the scene and dropped the man on the ground. "I don't know who you are, or what you thought you were going to do, but I'll give you a choice. You can stay and I'll break something else, or you can run."

The man turned to look at Katherine and the others, looking for help. But she just stared at him.

"I'd run," Stiles advised calmly.

Malia let out a low snarl as the man stumbles to his feet and ran out into the rain.

As soon as he was gone, they all walked towards Scott. Katherine pushed past her brother and threw her arms around his middle. "I thought you died you asshole," she choked out. "I thought it was going to be like her. I can't — you can't make me do that again."

"Hey, language," Stiles warned half heartedly. Katherine knew he didn't mean it. Not this time, anyway.

Scott let out a small sigh and gently rubbed her back, placing his other hand on the top of her head. "I'm sorry, KitKat," he murmured. Then he let out a small laugh. "I'll try not to let it happen again."

Katherine let out a weak laugh as she let him go, and stepped back into Liam's side. He wrapped an arm around her shoulders as they turned to look at the new boy.

He was tall, around the same height as Liam, and had blonde hair that was spiked up at the top while shaved at the sides. Now that his fangs and side burns had disappear, Katherine could see that he was actually quite cute.

Just not as cute as Liam.

Shut up, Katherine.

"You don't remember me, do you," he mused, a faint smile twitching at his lips. "I guess I look a little different since the fourth grade.

Katherine furrowed her brows. "Am I supposed to know who this is?" She murmured, glancing over at Stiles in confusion. All she got was a shrug.

"Wait, Theo?" Scott asked, his brows raising.

The boy grinned.

"You know him?" Malia frowned, her brows creased with confusion. Stiles was staring blankly at him, as if he didn't believe a word that came out of his mouth.

"They used to," Theo nodded, letting out a small sigh. "Trust me, I never thought I'd see you guys again. Couple of months ago I heard of an alpha in Beacon Hills. When I found out his name was Scott McCall—" he shook his head "—I just couldn't believe it."

"Yeah, well, a lot of things are hard to believe right now," Katherine muttered, shivering in her now soaking wet clothes.

Theo stared at her for a moment, then his eyes widened. "Wait, Katherine? Katherine Stilinski?" He gaped.

Katherine nodded awkwardly. "That would be me," she nodded slowly.

He made a face. "Geez, the last time I saw you, you could barely tie your own shoes."

"Yeah, she still can't do that, I do it," Stiles cut in. Katherine lightly slapped his stomach before curling into Liams side. His grip on her tightened.

Theo just nodded — still grinning widely — and turned his attention back to Scott. "And not just a Alpha," he grinned, "but a True Alpha."

Scott swallowed uneasily. "What do you want?"

"I came back to Beacon Hills," Theo smiled hopefilly at him. "Back home with my family. Because I want to be part of your pack."

Katherine immediately looked to Stiles, who didn't seem all that impressed.

"Yeah, well, we'll think about it," Stiles muttered.

They all went back to their respective vehicles, and Stiles took a detour to drop Katherine and Liam off at home.