FOURTY EIGHT

They'd left Theo on his own after that, since he was still semi-mobile.

But Scott had found that one of the Dread Doctors was still alive, the Surgeon, and without moment of hesitation her, Liam and him were dragging it through the forest and into town to the animal clinic so they could get Deaton to have a look at him.

She was cold and shivering by the time they got there, but it was quickly pushed aside when she saw her brother was already there, and she didn't waste any time in throwing her arms around him in a trembling, exhausted hug. He held her tightly, sensing she clearly needed it, and by the time they pulled away, Deaton was up to speed on everything that had happened so far, the Surgeon was already up on the table and the three of them were already standing around the table.

After falling into place beside Liam and her brother standing on the other side with Scott, they all watched anxiously as Deaton looked over the metal creature in front of them. "Can you keep him alive?" He asked hopefully.

Deaton didn't even look up, still examining it with his flashlight. "I'm not sure he technically is alive."

"Screw keeping him alive," Liam scoffed, glancing over at her and then the rest of them. "How do we get him to talk?"

"Personally, I don't think we utilize torture nearly enough," Stiles muttered with a deep frown, rubbing his palms together nervously.

Katherine just smoothed a hand over her mouth and rubbed her eyes tiredly, and nodded in agreement. "Definitely not on the people that deserve it," she muttered tiredly.

Come...

Liam asked, "did you hear that?" at the exact same time Katherine blurted out "okay what the fuck was that", and received a slap on the arm from her brother as soon as the words left her mouth

Come to me...

The Surgeon sat bolt upright, and a loud, ear shattering ringing filled the room that Katherine found practically unbearable, so she couldn't even begin to imagine how much pain Scott and Liam were in. But never the less, she wound up holding tightly onto Liam's hand with the other one covering her good ear, shoulder pressing into the bad one since she already couldn't hear anything from it.

She could see him slowly walking toward the door in the corner of her eye, and let go of Liam's hand to cover both her ears as the noise grew even more deafening. She knelt to the ground with her forehead on the floor, mouth open in mild shock as the ringing in her head intensified.

Her head only snapped up at the sound of of Scott crying out "Liam, wait!" but she didn't have  chance to see what happened because something in the air glowed brightly, and another something landed directly on top of her.

It wasn't in the ways that're commonly depicted in the movies, where the handsome boy falls on the girl to protect her. No; it was Liam's elbow hitting the bridge of her nose with a resonating crack! and his knee slamming into her side, both excruciatingly painful.

Katherine let out a shriek of pain as she felt the blood start running down her nose and into her open mouth, causing her to roll onto her side and spit out a mouthful of red spit onto the floor just beside her shoes. She'd clean it up later.

By the time she was on her feet again, all the metal objects in the room were plastered to the wall with the door, and purple sparks were flying around the ceiling as proof of what the Surgeon had done; he'd electrified it.

She stammered to her feet and wiped under her nose to get rid of the blood, but it did nothing to help. More was there within seconds, and all she could do was silently hope it wasn't broken.