7 - kylie cosmetics & fenty beauty

some background information if you actually live under a rock

basically, at the beginning of kylie cosmetics, kylie released concealers (or foundation, i can't remember tbh) and everyone was mad at her because of the shade range. if i can remember correctly, there was only like 5 shades. now that kylie has released over 30 shades, people are claiming that she's copying rihanna with her makeup line, fenty beauty as they've also released a very wide shade range for concealers and foundation

first of all, this is bullshit lol. y'all get mad at her for having such a limited shade range and now you're saying that she's copying rihanna? you have to understand that this is business, and you're supposed to take inspiration from others, take feedback from the public, and see what's trending.

whether or not she did it for the clout, i'd rather her have over 30 shades and "copy" rihanna than have her only have 5 shades.

not to mention, i've seen a few of my friends use her concealer and foundation, and it seems decent quality.

-

now more about kylie cosmetics, another thing that mad people really mad is the set of brushes that she was selling for like $360. you can see people like jeffree star reviewing them on youtube, and you can easily tell people aren't happy.

personally, i think people have a right to be mad about it. from what i saw, most of the brushes were shit and didn't work very well, and the packaging looked cheap and ugly. the brushes were also stuck on with a thin piece of tape or something. sis if you're gonna sell me brushes for $300, you better have that shit wrapped in gold.

jeffree star didn't approve of this, the media didn't approve of this, and i didn't approve of this either. kylie failed us all