008. the bookcase

╔══════════════╗
chapter eight
the bookcase
╚══════════════╝
reality

IT WAS 10 AM WHEN Billie was called on to set. Her first scene started with Ben McKenzie and Donal Logue, also known as Jim Gordan and Harvey Bullock. Billie's character April is coming back to Gotham for the first time since season one and Gotham is back to as normal as it can be after the events of season four and the resolution that happened in the first two episodes of season five.

Billie's heels made a clip clop noise against the floor of the precinct set.
She made her way up the steps.
Donal was staring at her in shock, past Ben's shoulder.

"Holy shit," Donal said, his voice a breathy mutter. Ben turned around as Jim needed to see who had caused Harvey's reaction.

"Is that—" Ben started.

"Yep," Donal cut him off.

Ben sprung to life and started to walk towards Billie.

"April Murphy," he greeted her with his hands on his hips. "What brings you here?"

"Gotham's my home, Jim. I couldn't stay away forever," she responded, looking around proudly.

"No, no, no. Why are you here? At the police station," he insisted.

"Ah right, I don't really know. I suppose I just wanted to see some familiar faces," she shrugged.

Suddenly, there was a loud crash. David was supposed to burst in through the doors of the precinct at that moment but turned out a book case leaning against the wall next to where the door hit that wasn't secured. David looked horrified at the sight of books scattered across the floor in front of him.

Billie failed to contain her snickering, which caused David to look up at her with a sheepish grin.

'Oops,' he mouthed with a shrug.

Before they continued, the book case was secured against the wall, which surprisingly didn't take any longer than ten minutes.

"Okay guys," the director's voice boomed. "Let's reset and go from where David bursts in."

David and Billie finished filming just after 12pm. Billie decided to go back to her trailer until she was needed again at 4pm.

"You mind if I join you," David asked.

"Not at all."

⋆✩⋆

MOLLY SAYS.
the whole next chapter is gonna be pretty much just Billie and David