010. the articles

╔══════════════╗
chapter ten
the articles
╚══════════════╝
reality

"YOU READ THE ARTICLES," BILLIE sighed, dropping her phone onto the cushion.

Flustered, David looked down and mumbled, "I...uh, I did. Yeah."

Billie nodded looking away.

"Which ones, uh, which ones exactly did you read?" the brunette asked, looking up at him.

"I, um, I read that you got checked into the hospital and you had to, ah, stay there for a few months—" he responded.

"Seven," she corrected. "It took me seven months."

"—And that you were bulimic and anorexic," David continued.

"Bingo," Billie muttered.

"Are you better now?" David asked.

Billie hesitated for a moment, chewing her bottom lip as she thought. "You know what. I am. A lot better."

The girl saw that David looked like he was thinking really hard, a stony expression on his face.

"Do you want to ask me about it?" asked Billie.

"Um, yeah. Was it difficult, y'know, seeing all those people with eating disorders?" he quizzed.

"At first, yeah but I think seeing how frail and unhealthy they all looked made me realise that's how I looked to other people," she explained.

"I'm sorry you had to go through that," David apologised, reaching out to pat her hand, which was balanced on her leg.

"I know you are—and thank you," she replied, genuine happiness emblazoned on her face.

"I—uh—I have another question."

"Shoot," Billie replied.

"Who's Josh?"

⋆✩⋆

MOLLY SAYS.
in no way am i using eating disorders for the sole purpose of entertainment. in this book the message i am trying to send with this character having an eating disorder is that you can come back from a difficult time in your life as Billie has and will continue to do throughout this book