Part 3

"What?!?" Thorne stood up.
     "Who is Mr. Prep?" Peony asked.
     "Kai!" Thorne squealed.
     "Thorne your Iko is coming out. Also call Iko so I can tell her." Cinder sat up in her bed, throwing her gloves on the bed side table.
     Iko's face filled the screen before Cinder blurted out what she said before.

     "I am going to do it." Cinder said to Thorne as they walked to a nearby diner.
     Thorne stopped in his tracks and turned to face her, "If you do, you do realize you will probably destroy any chance you have with mending a relationship with Levana and possibly any chance at having a real relationship with Kai right?"
     Cinder wrapped her right hand around her left wrist, where the scared skin and normal skin joined. "Levana left me in the fire when we were eleven. Channary  wasn't there to help me because she died, and Levana didn't care. Levana made Winter cut her face. She put us through hell. And I at least got out of there, my situation may still suck, but not as bad as Winter's right now. Anything to help get pay back on that girl. I will use it."
     Thorne stared at her in shock. Cinder never told anyone about her burn scars or much less her past, "Well that's a back story of a life time."
      "How is it that I literally lay my whole childhood down for you and just make some snarky response about it." Cinder smiled at him.
     "Well usually this is that part of the movie, and usually near the end may I remind you, where the girl tells why she is this smart, sexy emo, and you are in fact only one of those. Let me give a hint, it's the first one.
And then the guy grabs her face and licks it like it is a dessert plate, but that would be really weird besides, you are like my sister. And who the hell is Channary?" Thorne spoke as he pulled her into the diner.
    "Please never ever lick my face. Ever. And Channary was Levana's older sister. She died of a rare condition called regolith poisoning. It's kinda like valley fever except it's worse in many ways and there is no cure for it. So yeah." Cinder felt her throat close, making it hard to swallow.
     "How may I help..." a waiter came up to them, "oh it's you two. Come one." Emilie, who was used to there frequent visits lead them to a booth in the back. She started to walk away before turning around again, "I think Scar and Iko are coming in like five minutes if you want to wait for them. Also I can get Cress over here for you if you want." She winked at Thorne at the last part before walking away.
     "It's so adorable how you could have like any girl in the school and you go for the shy geeky ones." Cinder laughed as she skimmed the menu.
     "The popular more out going ones are nice to flirt with but we all know that they never last. Besides, Cress can hack the school system to change the grades if they do start dropping." Thorne smiles mischievously at Cinder as he looked down at his menu.

    Cinder, Scarlet, Iko, And a Thorne now with another girl's number in his phone all sat in comfortable silence as Scarlet drove them home. Cinder's phone singing made them all jump.
     "It's the hospital." Cinder looked at them.
      "Hello?.... yes this is she..... oh stars. I will be right there." Cinder put down her phone, "Scarlet please drive to Commonwealth hospital right now, Peony's letemosis (it's going to be a type of cancer in this ok?) recovery lost all progress."

    Cinder raced into the hospital. Iko got on her heels.
     "Hello, how my I help you today?" The nurse asked.
      "Hi, I'm Peony's emergency contact." Cinder placed her ID on the counter.
     "This way please." The nurse pulled Cinder into the back, Iko staying behind.
     "We couldn't get a private room yet. We apologize for the inconvenience, but she is with another Letemosis patient and his son." The nurse spoke calmly.
     "It's fine. Peony doesn't like to be alone anyways. And have you called Adri, her guardian yet?" Cinder asked, hating to have to.
     "Yes but she couldn't make it right now. That's why we called you."
     "Alright thank you." Cinder felt her anger building up inside her. How can you not come to the hospital when your daughter may die?
     "Here She is." The nurse gave a slight bow before retreating.
      "Cinder." Peony smiles at her.
     "Cinder?" Asked a voice from behind the certain.
     "Oh my stars. You have to be kidding me." Cinder sighed when she saw the boy pull the certain aside.
     "Hello Kai."

A/N
  I feel like this had a lot going on in it, but that's alright. It's fine... and I have developed a love for cliff hangers. (Six of Crows changes you man) alright, bye.

-Socially awkward butterfly