Part 4

Cinder sat in the booth cradling a cup of coffee in her hands.
     "I didn't know your sister was sick." Kai spoke as he removed the coffee cup from his lips.
      "I didn't know the mayor was either." Cinder looked up at him, a small smile on her lips.
      "We try to keep it from the public, at least... when it gets bad. Like now." Kai waved a hand in the air.
      Cinder opened her mouth to speak before being interrupted, "Cinder!" Thorne ran into the hospital cafeteria.
      "Carswell!" Cinder stood up to give him a quick hug. When she looked up behind his shoulder she saw Iko, Cress, and Scarlet behind him.
      She gave a small hug to everyone before looking back to Kai, "Oh, this is Kai. If you didn't know already."
     Kai reached a hand out to Thorne to only get a death glare.
     "Kai, this is Cress, Thorne, Iko, and, Scarlet. Thanks for the coffee, but I think they want to go see Peony before visiting hours are over." Cinder waved a goodbye to him as the small group walked down the halls.
     "Why is he hear?" Scarlet's French accent broke the silence.
     "His dad is also in the hospital with Letemosis. Before they could make rooms for them, they had them in a small room." Cinder said as she looked for Peony's new room.
     "Well, he seems nice. Much too good for Levana." Iko scoffed.
     "A snail is too good for her." Thorne laughed.
      "Here." Cinder broke the conversation by turning in a room, 1836.
     "Hi sweetie." Cinder smiled at Peony as they walked in. Winter looked up from her apparently very interesting palms.
     "Hello cousin." Winter smiled at Cinder.
     "Hi Winter, everyone else is here too." Cinder stepped to the side to bring the group into her line of vision.
     Winter gasped at the people in the doorway, "Hello friends!"
"They said she could visits until visitor hours are over, then back to the ward." Peony said as Cinder broke off from the small group.
"How much longer are they going to keep her?" Cinder asked rhetorically.
"I believe she said three more months of her 'extreme therapy' then she can merrily be on her way, with medicine, chronic insanity, and extreme mental abuse." Peony sighed.
"I can't believe that they are just letting Winter to move back in with them. Like I remember Levana being the reason for all of this.
Mr. Clay even wanted to take custody of her, not to adopt her obviously. That would be odd adopting your son's girlfriend." Cinder let her anger bubble down slowly before speaking again.
"So, has Adri come by yet?" Cinder asked.
"Nope, I did get a call though. 'Your sister and I are out of town looking for prom dresses' even though prom is still literally three quarters away, 'We will be back ASAP. You most likely will be fine. I have to go, Pearl found a dress she really likes.'" Peony quoted the call with a really annoying high voice. "Worst part is," Peony sighed at Cinder, "they said I will have about one year left."
Cinder let out a dry sob, calling everyone to attention. Voices came at them left and right, Cinder felt the world pull her down before everything going black.

"Wait she what? Oh please she is so dramatic.... well I didn't hear it did I. .... wait is this going to cost a bill? .... no good, she can be discharged now, this is just, like I said, her being over dramatic."
Cinder awoke to a nurse speaking in a whisper, too quiet to hear, and Adri speaking at full volume.
"Yup I am just so over dramatic. Because freaking out that your little sister only has one year left wouldn't freak you out at all. My apologies." Cinder said over dramatically, swinging her legs off of the bed.
"I'm sorry to waste your time miss. Thank you for the help. It's probably past hours, so I will be heading home. Good night." Cinder smiled sweetly at the nurse before stepping out of the room she was in.
When she got into the lobby Thorne was still in there... talking to Kai.
"Oh stars." She whispered to herself before joining the group.
"Hey." Cinder waved at the duo before plopping into a chair beside Kai.
"Are you alright?" Thorne asked.
"Yeah, I was wondering if I could stay with you tonight. I really don't want to be with Pearl and Adri right now." Cinder asked Thorne before turning her focus to Kai.
"Meet me by the flagpole tomorrow morning at break. If you don't, I won't help you, deal?"
Kai looked at her in shock before figuring out how to speak again, "deal."
"Kay cool. Thorne, McDonalds." Cinder stood up and pointed at the door.
"Whatever the lady wants." Thorne laughed.

Cinder sat in third period waiting for the bell to finally ring so she could get the deal with Kai over with. As soon as it did ring she bolted out and walked straight to the flag pole in the middle of school grounds. Kai soon joined her not long after.
     "Rule number one. No lip kissing. Rule number two, left hand is off limits, don't ask just do. Number three, we are only doing this until Levana is officially off of our backs. And rule number four, we actually have to know stuff about each other."
     "Ok, I have one condition too." Kai crosses his arms over his chest.
     "You already asked me to do this..." Cinder wined.
      "Compromise happens in relationships." Kai shot back.
     "Fine. What is it?" Cinder huffed.
     "The senior class of 2019 is help hosting the annual New Years festival. You have to come."
     "Its a week long!" Cinder threw her hands up.
     "A week together. Look if Levana is off our backs by then, just come as a friend. You don't even have to go to the actual ball. It will just be company." Kai sighed.
     "And if she is not off our back by then?" She glared at him.
     "Then you need a dress." He smiled at her. "Oh you have to let me take you out to lunch on Saturday day." He said as she started to walk off.
    "Why." Cinder's shoulders sagged.
    "You are now my fake girlfriend who I know nothing about, and I would like to treat you to lunch."
    Cinder felt a heat rise up into her chest, even after all her attitude he still wants to treat her. This, this is why she has a huge crush on him.
    "Ok, ok yeah." Cinder smiled at him.
    "See you around." Kai smiled back before leaning forward and placing a kiss on her check.
    Cinder.exe has stopped working...

A/N
I'm excited for this story.