Part 8

Kai opened the door to the hotel room ushering Cinder.
     "Let me go get my bag. I will be right back." Kai said as he walked back outside.
    Cinder stood in the doorway and swept her eyes across the room. There were three doors, two she was assuming that led to bedrooms and one that led to a bathroom. There was a small kitchen, and a small living room with a couch and one chair facing a television.
    She stepped into the living and collapsed on the couch. Kai had kissed her. He said he liked her. She touched her lips with her fingers remembering how it felt.
    She had to tell Iko.
    "Hey." Kai said as he walked in again with a small duffel bag.
   "Hi." Cinder said softly.
    Kai walked over to the couch and sat by her feet.
    "Tonight was eventful." He laughed as he took her hand.
    Cinder thought that he could do it millions of more time and it would still make her heart flutter.
    "I feel like we should talk about this now." Cinder said as she sat up.
    "About what?" Kai asked even though he already knew the answer.
    "We started this on strict terms and we did this to get Levana off our backs." Cinder shook her head before continuing. "What I'm trying to say is do you want to have an actual relationship or do you still want to end it after the prom and everything?"
    "Did you not hear what I said in the car?" Kai leaned back.
    "We both said a lot in that car." Cinder said as she weaved her fingers through his.
   "I want an actual relationship with you. If that's what you want." Kai said as he leaned towards her.
   "I do to." Cinder also leaned in, touching their foreheads.
   "Good." Kai whispered before closing the gap between them.
   Cinder placed her hand in his hair, as he deepened the kiss by taking her face in his hands.
    Ever so slowly Kai broke the kiss.
    "Um, I think I have an extra t-shirt and sweatpants if you want to sleep in those tonight." Kai said as he put a piece of her hair behind her ear.
   Cinder let her arms drop to his shoulders. "Thank you."
   Kai stood up taking her hand and pulling her up with him. "I believe that that is the master bedroom." Kai said pointing towards the door farthest from them. "I'll take the other one."
   "Ok, thank you... again." Cinder let out an airy laugh.
   Kai let go of her hand to to grab his duffle bag. He grabbed out a black t-shirt and sweat pants for her.
   "Here you go." He said as he handed them to her.
   Cinder placed a quick kiss on his lips before heading to her room.
   "Stars above." Cinder whispered to herself.
    Cinder quickly changed into the new clothes and grabbed her phone.
    "What the heck?" Cinder said as she looked at the screen.
    Twelve texts from Thorne, two missed calls from him, three calls from Iko, and a voicemail from her. Cinder opened the texts.
    Hey
     Hello?
     Ok well I thought you should know that Levana said that she is going to be in San Francisco.
   She is going dress shopping.
   In San Francisco
  You might run into the evil queen there!
   Answer me!!
  Aces and spades why do you have a phone.
  I'm going to call
  Answer my calls!
I'm calling again!
Whatever, Iko is gonna call now, please answer her.

Cinder then checked the voicemail Iko
   "Hey sweetie. Thorne is freaking out you won't answer any of his texts or calls. Please call him or something he is getting ready to take down Kai because you won't answer. So please? Ok by love you."

   Cinder shot a quick text to Iko and Thorne.
    Hey sorry my phone was on silent. We are at a hotel room and safe. We are heading back to Bakersfield tomorrow. I don't know what time though.
   Cinder put down her phone and went to Kai's room. She knocked twice before the door opened. Kai was wearing a white t-shirt and plaid pajama pants. She couldn't help but smile at the sight.
    "Yeah? Is everything alright?" Kai asked.
    "Yeah, I was just wondering if I could borrow your tooth paste."
   "You don't have a tooth brush." Kai pointed out.
    "I'm going to improvise." Cinder smiled.
    "And how will you 'improvise'?" Kai asked.
    Cinder held up her right pointer finger. "Not the nicest thing but it will do."
    Kai laughed as he went to his bag to grab the tube.
   "Oh also, do you know if they have laundry here? I need to wash my clothes for tomorrow." Cinder said as she leaned against the doorway.
   "Yeah it should be in the closet next to the entrance." Kai said as he handed the tooth paste.
   "Thank you. Because the guy who took me here didn't tell me to pack anything." Cinder joked.
    "Wow he sounds like a real bum." Kai played along.
    "No," Cinder said as she ran her hand through his hair. "He is adorable and and apparently just doesn't think ahead."
    "I will have to have a talk with this guy." Kai said as he pulled her closer.
    "Please do." Cinder said as she wrapped her other arm behind his neck.
    The couple sat in the hug for what felt like an hour.
   "Ok but really I have to go do this stuff now." Cinder laughed as she pulled her head from his neck.
   "Let me grab your clothes as you finish getting ready. And when you're done can you just put the toothpaste on my bed?" Kai asked as he stepped back.
   "Of course."