Part 5

At 7:30 AM Cinder got a text from Kai saying
Wear something nice for lunch today, I will pick you up at 1:00.
How nice is nice?
Ask Iko to pick out an outfit for you.
Fine.
She rolled out of bed and threw on a pair of leggings, a Panic! At The Disco t-shirt, a pair of Vans, and threw her hair in a messy ponytail. She walked out of her room and grabbed an apple from the kitchen. She plopped down on the couch and texted Thorne
Hey. I know it's early for you, but can you take me to the hospital then Iko's?
Of course when do you want to be picked up?
Anytime from now to 8:30? Also can we stop for Jack in the Box?
I will be there in ten. And yes
Cinder finished the rest of her apple and watched some of iZombie till Thorne came.

"So, they told Peony, without a guardian around might I add, that she had a year left?" Thorne asked, looking at Cinder from the corner of his eye.
"Trust me I'm not happy about it either." Cinder said while taking a bite of her pancakes.
"That is total BS. They couldn't have had you around at least?"
"I don't know? Just let me read their minds. Actually you know what? I am just going to use mom control on them, that will get their attention." Cinder waved her fork at him.
"I'm pretty sure your whole bio family uses mind control." Thorne laughed.
"That's how Levana got Kai." Cinder laughed along with him.
"We're here." Thorne said as he pulled into the parking lot.
"Thanks."

Cinder and Thorne spent two hours with Peony before having to leave.
"Did you text Iko and make sure it was actually ok you could come over?" Thorne asked as they got in his car.
"I stopped asking when Mr. and Mrs. Lee told me I could come over when ever."
"Even at 9:45 in the morning?"
"Yup." Cinder smiled at him mockingly.
"I will never understand you guys. Anyway get out of my car." Thorne said as he parked in front of Iko's house.
"Thank you so much." Cinder have Thorne a quick hug before leaving.

"Knock knock." Cinder said as she opened the door.
"In my room!" Iko yelled from across the house.
Cinder walked down the hallway of the first floor before walking up the stairs to Iko's room.
"Hey stranger." Iko said as Cinder day next to her on her bed.
Even when Iko had no make up on, was in a baggy shirt and sweatpants, and her hair was down and in weird braided knots she still looked drop dead gorgeous, like she was a robot or something.
"I need help." Cinder sighed.
"With..."
Cinder grabbed her phone and showed the texts between her and Kai from that morning.
"Make over time?"
"Make over time."
Iko put her in a simple black and white striped dress that would look nice and would be comfortable for Cinder. She then put half her hair up in a braid that went into a bun at the top of her head. And then finally Iko put on a natural eyeshadow look after many complaints.

   "Ok so, I look great and everything but my hand is shown and so is my leg." Cinder said.
    "Ok first off, you always look really weird with gloves on, secondly, he can suck my left toe if he can't except your scars, and thirdly hell yeah you look great." Iko smiled at her. "You think your scars are worse than they actually are."
    "They are all over my hand and leg. It's embarrassing." Cinder rubbed her left leg.
    "It's 99% less embarrassing when people find out that you survived a huge house fire." Iko said as she walked into her closet.
    Cinder looks down at her mutilated skin, the fire melted her skin into the scared mess it was today.
    She ran her hand over the smooth skin across her calf until it dipped down to a mess of bumpy skin.
    "Maybe... maybe you're right. I should let go of the past-"
    "Absolutely not. Hold that grudge on Levana forever. But do realize that your scars make you unique and beautiful and if not even Kai can see that then he is not good enough for you." Iko said. The shoved a pair of black boots and a pair white tights at her. "Shoes with no heels for my poor uncoordinated Cinderella a and some tights for her self conscious being. Now he will only see the hand, and that's not that bad, just come up with a story involving camping, marshmallows, and a fire."
    "You were ready for this, weren't you?" Cinder asked as she pulled on the tights.
     "As always, I must always be ready for the future queen."
   "Queen?" Cinder looked up at Iko.
    "Oh I am making everyone vote for you to be prom queen." Iko said nonchalantly. "And we need to get you home before your Prince Charming gets to your house."
     "Iko you are ridiculous."
     "I know."

A/N
  Ok so I thought I would have had this story nearly done by New Years but that didn't happen... so, now it is a prom festival thingy. Um yeah. So yeah. I won't be changing that any more, I don't care if it's the middle of summer, it's still gonna be a prom thingy.

Also interesting fact, I knew someone who actually did get really badly Burnt when he was younger. I think he was four or five when that happened. And I don't know exactly where he got burnt on his body but I do remember a burn scar that went like half way around his neck. Chill guy...

   -Socially awkward butterfly