15 - children: school: 2

Teachers have a really hard time handling Omegas in particularly harsh winters. They bring covers and pillows to school and make nests in the middle of the room, claiming that "it is too damn cold to learn in their desks".

It is very common for Omegas and Beta females to share gloves and scarfs if one of them forgets theirs at home. The result is Omegas and Beta females walking around holding hands all over the school, to keep the remaining ungloved hand warm. (In other words it's adorable).

There is a government (and some other private companies) initiative called "Neighbour Nest" in which every winter people can donate nest supplies and winter clothes of all dynamics to less fortunate people that cannot afford them, So they can share a warm nest with their families on harsh weather.

Teachers also have a hard time handling mated Alphas on winter. Omegas are naturally warmer. Like little walking furnaces, always giving off heat (maybe that's why they get colder easily, they just give too much heat off lol). Alphas will latch on to their mates and cuddle with them in any given opportunity. Teachers often have "arguments" with Alpha students because "No, you can't have your Omega on your lap for the entirety of the class. It's against the school rules, no matter how cold it is". Some of them will do it anyway and face the consequences later.

Just a bunch of Omegas walking around with coats double their size, because their mates thought that "they weren't wearing enough layers". Winter is when Alphas mother Omegas the most. Must protect smol bean from cold.

Winter is the season that nesting is the most common. Gonna watch a movie? Must build nest. Gonna eat with family? Must build nest. Gonna sleep? Nest. Nest with your family, with your pups, with your mate, with your grandma. It doesn't matter. If it's winter, Omegas are gonna nest. It feels nice and it feels appropriate.

Funnily enough heats and ruts tend to last less in winter (to the joy of all unmated Alphas and Omegas). Presumably this happens because their ancestors' bodies saw that as a form of "hibernation" season. So their bodies take it that they must save energy and resources by waiting for a more prosperous and less hostile season to carry a pregnancy and small babies. They don't really stop, but their duration is much shorter and Omegas and Alphas might experience periods in which their heats/ruts completely stops, just to kick back in after some hours or after a day. This doesn't happen in any other season that not winter.

If an Alpha or Beta wants to court an Omega on winter, they are also more likely to gift them much more heavy covers and nest supplies. They also gift them fat and sugar-rich foods like chocolate, cakes and pastries. To help the Omegas build more fat for winter and to also make their nest experience more "sweet".

Mates take advantage of the fact that you wear more clothes because of the weather by scenting every individual piece the other owns before they put it on, this way the scent gets trapped under non-ending layers of fabric. Making their mates smell like them for so much longer.

Betas are the number ones to get sick easily in winter, followed by Omegas and then Alphas.