Ch 14. Ms. Teller is no longer here

My dress was on, my hair was curled, makeup applied perfectly and the girl in the mirror staring back at me looked exactly how I dreamed she would. There was an emptiness in my eyes though. A piece of me breaking as it all sunk in. The happiest day of my life would not be shared with the people I loved the most. My mother did not get to do up my dress as she tried to hide her tears. Jaxon did not get to walk me down the isle and whisper to EZ the consequences he would face if he were to hurt me. It wasn't supposed to be like this.
"Rhi? Are you decent?" Angels voice called from the other side of the door. I opened it for him eyes glazed over as I tried to blink back tears. "What's wrong lovely are you having cold feet?" He pulled me close to him looking over at Lyla for answers.
"There's no one to walk her down the isle," Lyla told him. Her voice cracked slightly and I knew I wasn't the only one wishing that the dead could be alive even if it was just for today.
"That's not true," Angel smiled. "If you want I'll do it."

Abel and Thomas shared the job of ring bearer. Then Lyla walked out as my maid of honour and as the wedding march began all my pain washed away from me. What happened with Galindo no longer scared me. I was no longer alone. The truth was I was never alone I was just to afraid to let these wonderful people back in. Everything was a blur until I heard Ezekiel say the words I do. His voice sounding like music to my ears.
"You may now kiss the bride." I would never have a kiss more perfect. I didn't want one more perfect. I held onto EZ's hand as tightly as I could as we walked back down the isle together. I was finally Rhiannon Reyes. What could possibly go wrong.

The pain washed over me quickly as I looked at my new husband. We both stared down at my stomach as blood spread across the white satin. I had been shot. I could see EZ screaming frantically trying to stop the bleeding but the world around me went quite. A blonde hair man walked closure to us but EZ payed no attention to him.
"Jax?" My vision went dark.
"Long time no see little sister."