The Chance

Ughhh.....I Screamed.
My body felt totally wrecked after the magic circle ritual the previous day.
It was as if i do gained over a 20 kg weight in a single day. It surprised me when I was saved from sinking into the depth of the Abyss by Ayame.
He took my hand in that darkness. I was saved then.

But for whatever reason I couldn't move much and became more passive.
I slept the whole day yesterday and yet felt exhausted.

What's wrong with me?.I wondered. Perhaps it was due to Ayame. Since he bit me. I thought.
What's so ever happened I can tell that I understand them now.I spoke to myself .

I understood Ayame's words,now they were no longer a puzzle to me.I heard his voice calling me back then telling me to "wake up".

As I was totally in my thoughts I heard the door creak and open behind me.
It was Gildred,the fox demon and one of the maids that served Ayame at the castle.

She was holding a tray atop of which were Purple Apples, pink Bananas,Orange Grapes and a Pink Rose kept alongside for decoration.
" Here have some."she said.

Ummm,Thankyou..I replied.

At first I was reluctant to eat them but once I had a bite I found them delicious.
Looking out the window I asked Gildred "what are those?,aren't those the Apples that I just ate" .

Gildred noded.

I burst a Big smile.(that's my chance right there!) .
I asked Gildred to take me out to the Garden. She refused concluding she wasn't allowed to take me anywhere outside of the castle.
"Oh please Gildred, isn't that within the Castle?". I said.
"Well then". She said.

She then held my hand tightly and took me infront of the huge Golden gate. She spoke a few vibrating words or so I heard them as, led the door to open.
I had never seen the gate opening ahead ,I  only saw it@ once when Ayame led the soldiers in with him.

It was bright and the huge noise of its opening made me feel at ease as if I had finally found a way out.

Dear readers,
          I hope that you enjoy reading the story.If so I would really love  to hear from you...😘.
See you next chapter!!