Reed900//November

Prompt//Something about Rain
Warnings// Cursing, Lots of long Descriptions

Gavin had always loved the rain. He had enjoyed it since he was a child and he stomped around in puddles soaking through his trainers. Now, as an adult, he sometimes wished he could go play in puddles and dance in nature's shower. The rain would always be calming to him.

His Mother, wise as she was, told him something when he was around ten. A tale that cloud fairies collected people's sadness in jars and it rained because sometimes those jars broke. He knows now that it isn't true but he remembers her smile as she told him that. He remembers the tune of the rain pitter pattering on their tin roof.

His eyes follow a particular tear drop as it streaks down the window in his living room. He shivers. The storm had only ended roughly fifteen minutes ago, but it was still raining and the lack of power meant his heater wasn't defending him against the frigid November air. He glanced briefly away from his window at the three cats that were piled together for warmth and wished Nines would hurry up and come home.

Ketchup yawned and Gavin turned back to the window pulling the fuzzy blanket Tina got him tighter around his shoulders. The rain reminded him a lot of his android counterpart. It was often cold and aggressive but calming and endearing like the glorified Tin Can he called his partner. If it weren't a freezing November evening he might even open his window and let the rain soak into his skin. He didn't need to get sick though. He shivered again.

The door opened behind him but he remained standing next to the window watching the ripples in the puddles collecting on the sides of the street. In the back of his mind he noted that he could hear Nines putting things down on the coffee table and walking towards him. Warm synthetic skin caressed his own as the android slipped behind him and encased him in strong arms.

"You're Cold," the taller male stated as Gavin leaned back against him.

"Power's been out for a little over an hour now, how was the station?" He questioned steel eyes taking in the way the drops in the window reflected the cool blue light of Nines' LED. Gavin was sure if the Android were a month he'd be November. Freezing but full of happiness and family. After all, Nines was the only family he had left.

"Same as always," he felt the blue eyed man shrug, "Why don't you come eat, I got take out and after your done we can snuggle up in the bed".

"Yeah okay," he murmurs closing his eyes. He could no longer hear the rain against his window. Shame.