Prologue

The year 4628537453 (in Klown years)

Klown scientists had been trying for centuries, unsuccessfully, to produce their very own food source similar to that of the organisms on Earth. Human blood was unlike anything the Klowns had ever tasted, and they sought to recreate the flavor through their own means. Finally, after five centillion failed attempts, Klown Scientists Teepee and PP were able to manufacture the Klown species' first ever human specimens.

The Klown Scientists admired their creations, triumphant grins spreading across their fat, wrinkly faces. Teepee was the first to speak, a single tear trickling down his quivering flesh.

"They're beautiful..." he whispered.

PP nodded in agreement, shedding tears of his own. The human specimens, both female, were back-to-back on the examination table, propping each other up. Their eyes hadn't opened yet, but movement could be seen from underneath their eyelids. The two Klowns decided to wait until they had viewed the specimens' awakening before presenting them to their leader, the all-powerful Jojo.

When they did so, the other Klowns were delighted to hear that they finally possessed the ability to manufacture their own humans. PP and Teepee explained the process in detail to Jojo, who nodded and honked his horn absentmindedly as he took in the information.

He waited until the scientists had finished before asking, "So what of the humans you have already created?" The Klowns overhearing the discussion licked their fat lips in excitement. In other words, who would get the first taste?

PP said, "Well, sir, they're prototypes."

"Prototypes?"

"They're, ah...they're not perfect. Not where we want them to be, I'm afraid. It will take much more experimentation before we can reach a point—"

Jojo looked annoyed. "Let me see them," he demanded. PP and Teepee eyed each other nervously before nodding and retrieving two small figures from a back room. They were notably short, not only in comparison to the Klowns surrounding them but in regards to their own species as well. They were dressed as the rest of the Klowns, but their faces were clearly human.

Teepee coughed and awkwardly gestured towards them, introducing them as Juicy and Jacko. The girls glanced upwards curiously in response to their names being called. Juicy's eyes twitched in her sockets and a small string of saliva clung to Jacko's bottom lip.

Jojo simply cocked a painted eyebrow. "Why do they appear to lack brains?"

PP was sweating bullets. "O-of course they have brains, sir! But they're not...of the highest quality. We believe that accelerating their growth may have tampered with their intelligence and restricted its natural development."

"But," Teepee interrupted, "this is likely not permanent! We are hoping that mere experience from interacting with the world around them will boost their intelligence."

Jojo looked bored. "I suppose it doesn't matter if we can't eat them anyways. Will you have humans prepared for the upcoming excursion? It's going to be a long one."

The scientists stared down at their big, ugly clown feet. "Uh...well...we're going to need a lot more time, I'm afraid. We won't be able to have a sufficient supply of humans by then."

The Klowns around them groaned. They'd have to stop on Earth for food again. Jojo's facial expression didn't change; he had expected this.

"Very well. You will remain here and continue your work. However, the humans will be joining us."

Both Klown Scientists whipped their heads up in surprise. "What?!" Teepee gurgled. PP shuffled anxiously. "We...we need to show them around our planet to boost their intelligence! It's critical to our research!"

"I think Earth will do just fine. It's where their species originates, after all. Not to mention that two loyal humans could very well be used as bait." The air filled with the "ooh"s and "ah"s of the other Klowns, excited by the concept. Teepee and PP continued to look skeptical, their meaty fingers hooking into the humans' shoulders protectively. "It's settled, then,"Jojo announced. "I will take custody of the humans immediately, as they must undergo preparation for the excursion. That is all."