Chapter 6

Jacko had never much liked Rudy. She wasn't entirely vocal about it, of course—Rudy was Juicy's mate, and as her twin and best friend, Jacko didn't want to make her feel too bad. But the truth was plain and simple; Juicy had courted an absolute weakling. Part of Jacko believed that her sister had gone for the depressed Klown because he was, undeniably, in her league. He was in everyone's league, in fact, if he could be said to belong to a league at all. He was that low on the totem pole, at least according to Jacko's perception.

She had let him slide many times. After all, she very rarely had one-on-one interactions with Rudy, and thus there had been little opportunity to strike. He had gotten lucky when he confronted her before, Spike's presence having prevented any sort of conflict. But Juicy was away now, and there was no telling how long she'd be MIA. Spike could easily be distracted, if need be. And Jacko, upon learning that Rudy was traipsing around an empty drugstore, vulnerable and blissfully unaware of his coming fate, knew that this was the moment she'd been waiting for.

She'd given him good reason to fear her in the past. Her behavior was a warning, an indication that if Rudy fucked up with Juicy, she'd properly dispose of him without hesitation. Why, she'd love to beat his skull in solely for his apparent cowardice, but now she had a real chance to teach him a lesson or two...and she wasn't going to let it go to waste.

"You wanna visit Rudy?" Spike asked, a little surprised by Jacko's request. She'd never before expressed interest in the other Klown, at least not in his presence. If he wanted to be honest with himself, he'd admit it made him a little jealous. What could she possibly want with Rudy?

"I just want to talk to him," she insisted, her legs dangling in the air as she sat atop the upbeat Klown's shoulder. "It's nothing bad, I swear." She offered him an innocent smile, but he wasn't looking.

"I guess...I do know his general location. But don't you wanna have some more fun first?" Spike waved his Cocoon Gun in her direction, a gleeful smile plastered on his face. He and Jacko had just cocooned a young human male after baiting him with an extensive puppet show. The man had quickly fallen for the act, seeing the performance through to the very end, at which point the duo revealed themselves and engulfed him in a brilliant ray of pink light. The look on his face had been priceless.

"I'd love to, but this is really important. I promise to be quick," Jacko assured the Klown, placing a tentative hand on one of the many pink spikes protruding from his head. The alien let out a small, disappointed sigh, but ultimately recovered and shot the girl a grin of endearment.

"Alright, alright," he said, pocketing his weapon, "let's go see what Rudy's up to!"

Meanwhile, the Klown in question had been joined by Shorty, the (unsurprisingly) smallest of the bunch. He was a mischievous, fun-loving little guy, and somewhat childish in behavior; he certainly had no issue reinforcing Rudy's undesirable habits. He was exploring the drugstore with the taller alien, who was currently sifting through rolls of toilet paper and tossing them nonchalantly behind him.

"Should we take any of this stuff with us?" Shorty asked, grabbing a bottle of sunscreen from the shelf and analyzing its pump.

"I haven't found anything good yet," Rudy responded, sheets of toilet paper curled around his fat clown shoes. He turned to his companion, tilting his head curiously as he eyed the sunscreen bottle. "What's that?"

"No idea, but I think it does something." Shorty placed his chubby finger on the pump, shooting a string of sunscreen directly into Rudy's face. The Klown released a startled cry as he stumbled backwards, tripping over a stray roll of toilet paper and ultimately collapsing, more items being knocked from the shelves in the process. Several boxes bounced off his forehead as he laid in a pile of cheap goods.