3- Hogwarts Express

Saying goodbye to her mother, had been harder than she thought it was going to be. Sara had never gone a day without seeing her mother, and now she wasn't going to see her for a whole week.
Tabitha had managed to hire a muggle taxi, that would take the two of them to Kings Cross station. It was a bit of squeeze, with Nat, and all of Sara's luggage, but eventually they all made it safe and sound.
"Eugh. I hate London" grumbled Tabitha as she helped Sara put all her things onto a trolley.
Sara was too tense to reply, so she just nodded her head, to show that she was listening.
"Right. Well, let's get going. Platform 9 and 3/4 here we come" continued Tabitha.

When Sara was told to run straight at the wall, she thought Tabitha was losing her mind. But after watching the old woman, dissappear a second before she would have collided with the wall. Sara realised that it must be safe.
But Sara still closed her eyes, just before she reached the wall. And when she opened them, she found herself on Platform 9 and 3/4, at last.
Tabitha was waiting for her on the otherside, and she ushered her over, to where she was standing.
"Take what you need from the trolley, and then give it to the train staff, they will pack the rest of your things, onto the train for you" she instructed.
After removing her backpack, she handed the trolley over, and began saying goodbye, to Tabitha.

Tears had begun to form in the old woman's eyes. Tabitha removed a hankerchief, and began to dab her eyes gently.
"Don't forget to write regulaly" she sniffed, putting the hankerchief back into her pocket.
"I will. And if you like, I can down and see you, when I come back to see mum, each week" suggested Sara.
Tabitha shook her head, and sniffed loudly.
"No. It's probably best if you stay away, and just spend those moments with your mother. That way you will learn to become more independent, just like the other children".
"O.K... Well, goodbye"
"Goodbye Sara. I shall see you at Christmas".
Unable to contain herself any longer, Sara wrapped herself around Tabitha, as the tears began to fall from her eyes.

Tabitha hugged Sara back, and then pushed herself away.
"You need to stop all this crying. And be the good brave girl, that I know you are" she commanded.
Sara sniffed, and nodded her head.
"I'm going to miss you".
"And so you should. Now, you get onto that train, and go and have some fun. You deserve that... Do it for me"
"I'll try"
"Good. Now, get going. Before the train goes without you".
Sara hugged Tabitha one last time, before running off, and climbing onto the train.

As most of the compartments already had people in, Sara ended up sitting opposite two, very different looking boys. One was a little on the large side, while the other looked thin, and rather ill.
But they both looked incredibly nervous, just like Sara, so she decided to try and break the ice, to make the journey a little less awkward.
"Um. Hello. My name is Sara" she said quietly.
"I'm Peter. Peter Pettigrew" replied the plump boy, extending his hand.
Sara shook it, and turned to look at the smaller boy.
"Remus Lupin" he mumbled quietly.
Sara sighed, as she began to think about how awkward this train journey was going to be. When the door to their compartment suddenly opened, and a girl with red hair entered, closely followed by a lanky boy, with greasy black hair.
They looked like they were in the middle of an argument, when they walked in, and sat opposite each other.
The red head sat down, next to Sara, while the boy sat next to Peter. Though he didn't look too happy about it.

"I'm Lily" introduced the girl, she sounded friendly enough, although she did seem a bit distracted.
"Sara... That's Remus, and Peter" replied Sara, pointing at the two boys opposite them.
Lily nodded, and gestured to the boy she had just come in with.
"That's Severus by the way... Nice to meet you Sara"
"You too, Lily".
Trying to seem friendly, Sara decided to take the conversation further, as she knew how long the journey was going to be. And she didn't want to do it in silence.
"Are you O.K? You seemed a bit upset when you came in" She asked quietly.
"I'm fine... I just found it difficult to say goodbye to my sister. That's all" Lily revealed.
Sara smiled reassuringly.
"Yeah. Saying goodbye to your family is hard. But at least you get to go back home, at Christmas".
"Yes. I suppose so, but it won't be the same"
"I guess not. But you'll see your sister when she's old enough to come to Hogwarts as well, won't you?"
"No she's- I mean- I am a muggle-born. My sister doesn't haven't magic, so she won't be able to come here"
"Oh, I'm sorry... It must be hard, being the only one in your family, with magic"
"Yeah... It's not easy".

"She clearly doesn't want to talk about it. So just leave her alone won't you" snapped Severus.
"Sev, don't be so rude. Sara was just being friendly" Lily replied defensively.
"Yes, I was. Have you got a problem with me, mate?" Asked Sara angrily.
Severus smiled, as if he found being shouted at by a girl, amusing.
"No, not with you" he replied.
"Good. Cos if you do, I suggest you go and find another carriage to sit in"
"Oh, and you are going to make me, are you?"
"If I have to"
"Well, I'd like to see you try".
"Stop it, both of you!" Shouted Lily.
"I'm not the one with the problem" spat Sara.
"She's right Sev. Maybe you should sit somewhere else, if you are going to cause trouble" suggested Lily.

Severus sat back in his seat, and sighed.
"No. I'm fine here thank you... Sorry if I was rude Sara, you have my humblest apologies".
Sara shrugged.
"Good enough for me".
She didn't really believe the boy, but she didn't think turning into a dragon, in that small compartment, and burning him alive, was the best thing to do.
"I've got some sweets, if anyone wants to share" announced Peter, placing his hand into his pocket, and bringing out a large bag of sweets.
Sara's mouth dropped open, she had never seen so many sweets in one place. Not having much money, meant that she couldn't often spend it on frivillous things, like sweets and chocolate.
She reached forward and plucked a bean from the packet of Bertie Botts, ever flavour beans. Sara placed it into her mouth, and sighed when she tasted the flavour.
Toffee Apple. Wonderful.