25- Support

After the death of Tabitha Twitch over the summer, Sara was anxious about starting her 6th year at Hogwarts. As it meant that no one at home, was watching over her mother.
Sara no longer visited her mother every week, and she was worried about how much her mother might degenerate, by Christmas.
As she looked out the window at Kings Cross station, she was filled with sadness, as the only people to wave her off, were Remus's parents.
"Are you alright Smokey?" Sirius questioned, when the train started to move.
Sara looked away from the window, and nodded.
"Yeah. I'm fine" she mumbled.
Remus gripped her hand and squeezed it reasuringly.
James noticed this, and looked at Sara apologetically.

"Sorry we couldn't make Tabitha's funeral" he admitted softly.
"That's alright. You didn't know her that well anyway" sighed Sara.
"I know. But me and Padfoot still wanted to be there, to support you"
"Well, maybe next time don't blow up half of your house, and end up in St Mungo's".
James grinned and Sirius leaned forward smiling just as much as his friend.
"Hey, that is an exaggeration. It was only a couple of rooms that were damaged. And the Potters fixed them up, pretty quickly" he said defensively.

Sara folded her arms and frowned.
"And how exactly did you manage to blow up these rooms, without the use of magic? Seeing as you are both under 17" questioned Sara.
"It- it was a potion that went wrong- and err... exploded" lied James.
"You hate potions, and I doubt you would want to spend your summer, doing more of them"
"Alright fine. We may or may not have used, a tiny bit of magic, on a firework, resulting in said explosion".
"James! You could have been expelled"
"Na. They'd never expell me. Besides, they can't tell that it wasn't my parents, who performed the spell. That's the advantage of having magic parents".

"Yes, well it was still a risk. And one that ended badly. You and Sirius both ended up in hospital, with major burns. Do you have any idea what that's like, to read in a letter? Dear Miss Burne, we are sorry to tell you, that our son James, and his friend Sirius Black were injured, and are now in St Mungos because they acted like stupid children, and got themselves blown up.
I was worried sick. Especially as I recieved the letter from your parents, the day before Tabitha's funeral-"
"They shouldn't have told you. Especially as me and Sirius were fine in the end. There was no lasting damage, and we were in and out within a couple of days... I wish they hadn't made you worry, when you already had a lot on your mind" James interupted.

"Well, it's done now. Just try not to do something so stupid next summer, when you can actually do magic legally" begged Sara.
"No promises Smokey" Sirius said, grinning.
Sara rolled her eyes, and leaned against Remus, breaking a piece of chocolate he was holding, and popping it into her mouth.
"I expect Fleamont and Euphemia are regretting their decision, to let you stay with them" Sara guessed.
"They weren't that angry about the incident, to be honest" admitted James.
"I guess that they have a lot of tolerance for trouble. They raised you afterall.. I'm just glad that I'm not in their shoes. Having you two living under the same roof, is not a good idea".
"Well, I didn't exactly have anywhere else to go did I" said Sirius, quietly.
Sara bit her lip and cringed inwardly.
"No... I'm sorry. I wasn't thinking".
"Don't worry about it. I'm glad to be living with my brother James. His parents have always treated me as their second son anyway. At least now it's official".

"Are you glad to be out of Grimmauld Place?" Sara questioned.
Sirius thought for a moment.
"Yeah. I think so... I just wish we'd all parted on better terms... Half my stuff is still in my old room- but I'm glad that I don't have to argue with them anymore" he admitted.
"I suppose, you and your parents never really got on... You must miss your brother Regulus though"
"A bit. But we were never that close. He was always the perfect pure blood son, so I'm sure he is doing O.K, without me there... He doesn't need me to protect him anymore"
"I expect the Potter Manor is a mad house, with you two living there full time. I bet Fleamont and Euphemia are glad the new term has started, so they can get some peace and quiet"
"Rude. We aren't that bad".
Sara raised an eyebrow, and Sirius sighed.
"O.K. Maybe we are" he continued.

Sara was happy to be back in her dorm, with the rest of her girl friends. Despite being so close with the Marauders, Sara was very friendly with all the Gryffindor girls.
And they never tried to stop her, spending time with the boys. They accepted that Sara was always going to put the Marauders first.
As Sara took her place on the floor, in the circle with the other girls, Lily smiled at her, causing her spirit to lift.
Due to Sara's closeness to James and Sirius, Lily had always been angry with her, but at the end of the last year, they had put aside their differences, and become friends.
They had owled a lot over the summer, but never actually met up, so this was the first time seeing each other, in months.
"How was the end of your summer?" Sara asked, taking a seat opposite Lily.
"Not bad, I didn't really do much after my last letter... How was Tabitha's funeral?" Lily asked quietly.

The other girls around them stopped talking, and stared at Sara, making her feel uncomfortable.
Sara sighed, and Marlene, who was sitting on her right, patted her knee gently, giving Sara the confidence, that she needed.
"It was O.K. It was rather empty though. As only me, and few other witches actually knew her... She was a very private witch" revealed Sara.
"Did Remus go with you?" Marlene asked.
"Yes. Having his support was very helpful".

"What happened to all her stuff, since she isn't actually your grandmother, like you told us in our first year? Cos normally when people die, it goes to their family, but you two aren't actually related" quizzed Dorcas.
"Hey, we had only just met, and I didn't know you all back then. I thought, saying that she was my grandmother, was the easiest way, to explain our relationship" Sara admitted.
"She's only teasing Sara. None of us are upset that you didn't tell us the truth until a few years into our friendship" replied Marlene.
"Sara knows I didn't mean anything by it... But you still didn't answer my question, what happens to all her possessions and stuff?" Dorcas asked again.

"Well, her will was read out a few days after the funeral... Her house is to be sold, and the money raised will go to charity, along with the rest of the money in her vault. Which isn't actually that much. But all of her possessions will go to me... She left me her cat Whiskers. But in a strange turn of events, he died the day after she did" Sara answered.
"That's spooky. It's like the two of them, were connected... It's sweet that she left you all her stuff though" replied Dorcas.
"It would have been more usefull if she'd left you her money as well" Mary admitted.
"Mary!" Exclaimed Lily.

"What? It's true. I'm sure Sara could use that money, just as much as any charity. Her mother doesn't work, and she has no father. Sara needs that money" reminded Mary.
Sara didn't say anything, as she knew the money, had been given to the people who ran a dragon sanctuary, up in Scotland. It was the place that her, and her mother, would one day end up, when they became too dangerous to be left around other people.
Which is why Tabitha wanted her money to go there, as it would help Sara and her mother, in the long run.

"If Tabitha is gone, then who is going to look after your mother? She's the only witch in your villiage, right? So who is going to care for your mother, while you're here?" Questioned Marlene.
A tear trickled down Sara's cheek, as she could no longer hold in the pain. Her mind travelled back to the last time she saw her mother, and tears filled her eyes as she began to cry.
Marlene put her arm around Sara, and held her as she cried.
"Shh. It's O.K... Doe, go and get Remus would you" she instructed.

"What, go into the boys room?" Quizzed Dorcas.
"Yes. Sara is upset, and probably needs Remus to help calm her down. He is her boyfriend afterall. Actually, you might as well get all the boys, since she is closer to them, than she is with us, and that's the sad truth" admitted Marlene.
"But what if the boys aren't awake? Do you want me to wake them all up?"
"It's the first night back, I doubt they are asleep yet. As most people catch up for hours, on the first night"
"But what if-"
"Oh for Merlin's sake, I'll go... But if I see Potter or Black naked, I'm blaming you Doe" interupted Lily, as she stood up, and headed towards the boys dormitory. In search of Remus, and the rest of the Marauders.