19- First Impressions

Sara didn't find that having Remus as a boyfriend, changed their friendship, all that much. Aside from the kissing, their relationship was very much the same.
And apart from Peter, the others understood Sara and Remus's hints, when they wanted some time alone.
They tried to make time every day, to spend together, away from the rest of their friends. Although, a lot of this time was spent in the library, as that was one of the places, the other Marauders hated going.
"I can't believe it's Christmas already" sighed Sara, as the pair left the library one evening, to return to the common room.
"Yes. This term has gone quickly" agreed Remus.
"Which means that our OWLs are coming up soon. We'll have to try and force the others to revise, when we come back from the holidays. Otherwise they will fail, and I don't want that, on my conscience. I will even tutor them every night, if that's what it takes".

"Yeah, about that... What are your plans for Christmas this year?" Remus asked.
"The same as always. Floo Powder back home on Christmas Eve, spend time with Tabitha, then come back on the train with you guys on the first day of the new term, in January" answered Sara.
"Well, how would you like to spend Christmas with me? I really want to introduce you, to my parents"
"Really? Are you sure? I mean, I know that not all of your trips back home, were lies, to cover up being a werewolf. Your mother isn't well, and I don't want to make her worse, by being there"
"You won't... And I really want her to meet you, before she... Well, will you come?"
"If you're sure. I know money is a bit tight in your house, the same as mine. And I don't want to be another mouth to feed"
"You're not Peter, Sara. You don't exactly eat much. And I really want to introduce my girlfriend, to my parents".

"O.K. Fine, I'll come... Do they know, that I know about you, being a you-know-what?" quizzed Sara, quietly.
"Yes. I didn't want to tell them, that you guys all knew the truth. But I let it slip some time during our third year. They weren't happy that you all knew. But I managed to convince them, that you are all trustworthy" Remus answered.
"O.K... But, I'm assuming that they don't know about me"
"No. I kept your secret, just as you asked. That isn't my secret to share"
"Thanks Remus... So, do you think that they'll like me?"
"They'll love you, just as I do. And they will be excited to finally meet the girl, I've been talking about, for so many years"
"You talk about me"
"Of course. I talk about all my friends. But I feel like you come up in conversation the most"
"Good".

"I'd love to take you to my place, but that isn't an option... I'm sure Tabitha would like to meet you as well, but she's not very well at the moment. So now, probably isn't the best time, to take you home. Maybe over the summer, I can show you where I live" continued Sara.
"So, you want me to meet your mother as well, if you want me to see your house?" Questioned Remus.
"No. I don't want anyone to meet my mother. Ever. Not because I'm embarressed, or anything. I just wouldn't want to put you, or any of the other Marauders, in danger"
"I see. Well, you do what ever you think is best. I don't want to put pressure on you, to do anything"
"Thank you Remus... Now, we'd better hurry up and get back to the Gryffindor Tower, before the others start to forget who we are"
"You are right. As usual"
"I know".

Sara was nervous during the train ride home, as it was her first time travelling back to London, by train, as she usually travelled by Floo Powder. And she was terrified about meeting Lyall and Hope, for the first time.
Remus clutched Sara's hand as the train rolled into the station.
"Ready to meet my parents?" He asked.
Unable to speak, Sara just nodded her head, and followed Remus out of the compartment, and towards the platform.
"Don't forget that you are both welcome at mine, on New years Eve, for an amazing firework display" reminded James.
"Yeah, I'll be there. It's going to be a blast. You'd be a fool not to come. Even Peter's gonna be there" agreed Sirius.
Remus put his arm around Sara, and smiled.
"We'll try to come, but no promises. Have a good Christmas guys".
"Yeah. See ya boys. Don't have too much fun, without us" said Sara, waving goodbye to the others, as they found their way over to their own families.

Sara collected Nat, and her luggage from the train staff, then followed Remus, as he led the way, towards his parents.
Two people smiled through the crowds of people, when they saw Remus and Sara approaching, and waved them over.
"Remus, my boy. It's so good to see you" said Lyall, embracing his son.
"You too dad" replied Remus, letting go of his father, and turning to hug his mother.
Once he'd released his mother, he placed his arm around Sara's arm, and smiled.
"Mum, dad, this is Sara, my girlfriend" he announced.
"Hello" Sara said quietly, taking a step closer to the group.
"It's so nice to finally meet you" replied Hope, softly.

First impressions, were everything, and Sara tried her best to ignore Hope's pale skin, and dark, sunken eyes.
"Thank you. You too" said Sara politely.
"Right, let's get this stuff back to the car, so we can all go home" announced Lyall, as he took hold of Remus's suitcase.
"You have your own car?" Questioned Sara, who'd never heard of a wizard, owning a car.
"Yes. My husband works quite closely with muggles. So we have our own motor veichle. Cars are actually very good at transporting you, when you have a lot of luggage" replied Hope.
"I guess I'd never really thought about it, but I suppose they are" Sara admitted.

Hope laced her arm around her husband, and smiled, as they made their way through the crowds, and towards the barrier.
Remus took hold of Sara's case, and began to pull it along, much to her disgust.
"I can pull my own suitcase you know. I'm not a weak, little girl" whispered Sara, as they made there way onto the muggle side of Kings Cross.
"I know. But since my dad's got mine. I thought it would be very rude, to make my girlfriend carry her own case, while I watched" replied Remus.
Sara rolled her eyes.
"So gallant of you Mr Lupin"
"You're very welcome Miss Burne. I do aim to please".

"So... Do you think they like me?" Sara asked nervously, once they were far enough behind Remus's parents.
"They've only known you 5 minutes. But I'd say, that you've made a good first impression" Remus answered.
"Really? Thank Merlin"
"Yes, you can stop worrying now Sara. I promise, that they approve of you"
"They wouldn't, if they really knew me. And what I am"
"Well, you're the one who didn't want them to know the truth, about you. But, to be honest, I don't think they'd really mind, that you're a Maledictus. They do have a werewolf for a son, afterall"
"Yes. I suppose they do".