18- Hot Gossip

"You two took your time" commented James, as Remus and Sara walked into the common room.
"Yeah, an awful lot of trouble for a-" Sirius faltered, when he saw Sara's hand in Remus's, and huge grins on both their faces.
"What have you done?" He questioned quietly.
"Well... Guys... Me and Remus are together now... We're dating" Sara announced, looping her arm through Remus's.
"Yes!" Shouted James, punching the air.
Sirius rolled his eyes sighing.
"Fine. You called it" he moaned, handing over a fistfull of galleons to James.
"What's going on?" Sara asked.
James looked sheepish.
"Well, we kind of had a bet you see. We both thought there was something between you two. So we made a bet, of 10 galleons, a couple of years ago. I said that Remus would ask you out, and you'd say yes. Whereas Sirius thought Remus would never get round to it, or that you'd decline Remus's affections" explained James.

Sara folded her arms and frowned.
"You were betting on us" she said angrily.
"Don't take it too personally Smokey. Me and Prongs have got dozens of bets going on, at the same time" replied Sirius.
"Thanks. That makes me feel so much better" said Sara, sarcastically.
"Ignore him. Even if we were betting on it, we never knew when it would happen... I'm very happy for you both" admitted James.
"So, you aren't going to complain, that it's terrible for the rest of the Marauders, if we start dating?" Quizzed Sara.
"Oh, it is bad for the group. But I'd never try and stop you being together, for that reason".
"Besides, you've been making sex eyes at each other, since day one. Just because you are officially going out now, it's not really gonna make much difference" said Sirius casually.
"Sirius!" Exclaimed Sara.
"Well, it's true".
"I never noticed" admitted Peter, quietly.
"Well Wormy, you aren't one to pick up on subtlty, are you? You're not a womanizer, like me" replied Sirius.

"Oh really, Mr womanizer. Exactly how many women have you dated?" Questioned Sara, even though she knew the answer.
"I may not have been in a relationship. But I know how to make girls fall for you. I know all the tricks of the trade" Sirius said boastfully.
"Well maybe you should try out some of these tricks yourself"
"I don't want to be tied down by anything as serious as a relationship, thank you very much"
"That's because you can't actually get a date"
"I could if I really wanted to"
"Oh, I'm sure you could. Most girls would fall for your looks, but none would want to stay with you for long"
"What are you suggest-"
"Shut up you two!" James interupted.
"You two are always at each others throats, and I'm tired of it. Just make your peace will you, so we can all move on" he continued.

"Smokey doesn't mind my teasing" said Sirius calmly.
"No, I'm immune to your idea of teasing now. I've developed quite a thick skin. No pun intended" replied Sara.
She looked down at her work, that was still scattered across the floor, and sighed. After removing her wand, she flicked it, causing all her papers, and books, to fold themselves away, into a neat pile.
"Look at you using non-verbal magic, so grown up" mocked Sirius.
Sara rolled her eyes.
"All of us can already use non-verbal magic, even if we haven't officially been taught it yet. I'm not an exception".
"Peter can't"
"That doesn't matter. I don't think we start learning it in class, until our 6th year. So he'll still be ahead of the rest of our year, when the time comes... Now, I'm off to bed, see you all in the morning".
Remus kissed Sara's cheek softly, and she exited the room, heading for the girls dorm.

The news that Remus was dating Sara, soon became public knowlege by lunch time the next day. Being friends with the most popular boys in school, meant that Sara and the other Marauders, were often talked about, by their peers.
Sara was about to tuck into her sandwich, in the Great Hall, when her room mates; Dorcas and Marlene, suddenly ran towards her.
"So. Is it true?" Dorcas quizzed excitedly.
"Is what true?" Asked Sara, placing her sandwich back down.
"Are you and Remus Lupin really dating?"
"Yes... How did you-"
"Oh the whole school's buzzing. Everyone's talking about you two. You are the cutest couple, to get together, since Alice and Frank"
"Great...".

"Why didn't you tell us yourself? Don't you trust us?" Marlene asked.
"Of course I do. But Remus didn't ask me out, until last night, when you were asleep. And you guys had already gone to breakfast, when I woke up this morning" Sara answered.
"You could've woken us up, we wouldn't have minded. This is very exciting news, and we could have talked about it for hours"
"Sorry, I was really tired last night, so I guess I didn't really think about it. Next time there's a major development like that, I promise to tell you straight away"
"You'd better... So, what's it like, having your very first boyfriend?"
"We've only been dating a few hours, and most of that was spent sleeping, in our own dorms. So I can't really comment".
"What do the other boys in your gang think? Are they totally jealous of Remus?" Dorcas Quizzed.
"Um, no, not really... Apparently, me and Remus have been making, what Sirius calls sex eyes, at each other, for years. So our relationship didn't come as a big surprise, to him, or James" admitted Sara.

"Oo, that's so adorable... But, I wonder how it will affect the group? When people in friendship groups, start dating, it never ends well. I wonder if the group will break up because of it?" Dorcas theorized.
"Doe! They aren't some teenage angsty boy band. Sara and the boys are close friends" exclaimed Marlene.
"Marlene's right. I don't think there is anything in the world, that could break our friendship up. We are all going to be friends forever. I'm sure of it" admitted Sara.
"If you say so" Dorcas muttered.

"Don't listen to her Sara. I'm sure that your relationship won't ruin your group dynamic" said Marlene supportively.
"Thanks Marlene. And I promise that I won't forget about you guys, just because I've got a boyfriend now"
"I'll hold you to that"
"Don't worry. I'm an expert at managing my time, and splitting it between all my friends. I've been doing it for years... But right now, I've got to go. My boyfriend is waiting for me"
"Aww. Well, have fun. Don't do anything, we wouldn't do"
"Thanks. See you later guys".