13- Lost

The rest of Sara's school year was just as exciting as it had been, before Christmas. And when Sara had to return home, for the summer, she felt nervous.
Her and her mother weren't exactly on good terms any more. And the thought of spending 3 months alone, with her, filled Sara with dread.
Which was why Sara spent most of the summer, at Tabitha's house, instead of her own.
But it wasn't all doom and gloom, because every other week, she would meet up with the Marauders, at James's house. His parents were very accomodating. And they even allowed Sara to spend the night from time to time, in one of the guest bedrooms.
The Potter Manor, was the biggest house, Sara had ever seen, and she instantly became very jealous of James. He had a lovely family, a huge house, and an unlimited amount of money.
So it was hard not to feel envious of him.

In the week before returning to Hogwarts, Sara was very excited. She was looking forward to being a second year, and learning new spells.
But mostly she was looking forward to exploring Hogwarts again, with her best friends.
Unfortunately, her mother was not looking forward, to Sara leaving, again. And 3 days before Sara was due to leave, Natasha went missing.
Tabitha and Sara searched the woods numerous times, but Sara's mother, was nowhere to be found.
Sara wanted to stay and look for her, but she knew that she had to return to school, to stop people getting suspicious.

As Sara took her seat on the Hogwarts Express, inbeteeen Remus and Peter, she tried to put on a brave face. But the Marauders instantly knew that something was wrong, as they knew her so well, and could tell when she was upset.
"What's wrong?" Questioned James, disrupting his conversation with Sirius, about brooms.
"It's my mother" Sara answered.
Remus's eyes went wide, as he was the only one who knew the truth, about Sara and her mother.
Sirius, who was usually quite an immature person, looked serious.
"She's not..."
"No. She's not dead" said Sara, cutting Sirius off.
"Then what's wrong with her"
"She's- she's gone missing"
"What do you mean?"
"I don't know when, or how, but she's dissappeared. Me and Tabitha, my Grandmother, have spent the last few days, looking for her. But we still can't find her".

A tear slipped down Sara's face, and Remus put his arm around her, supportively.
"It's going to be O.K" he muttered.
"If she is so sick, then how did she manage to run away, in the first place?" Quizzed Peter curiously.
"There are different types of sick, Peter" said James coldly.
Sara nodded.
"She can still walk, and all those kind of things... But she's not always- I mean, she doesn't always remember who she is. And we can't watch her 24/7. She was there when I went to bed, and gone when I woke up".
"Shouldn't you get some help, looking for her, from someone in St Mungo's?" Suggested James.
"No. I don't want anyone else involved. And you have to promise, not to tell anyone. I can't have the Ministry, or St Mungo's knowing about this... They'll think she's a danger to herself and others, and they'll take her away".

"You should've sent word to us, and we'd have come to help you look" said James.
"I don't think it would have been good for someone she doesn't know, to go searching for her... She's not dangerous, but she can lash out, if she feels threatened. But she isn't normally violent" replied Sara.
"The burns on your wrists, that weren't there before, say differently"
"That was just an accident" Sara said quicky, as she pulled her sleeves down, to cover the burns on her arm.

"Before she left, did you say anything to upset each other?" Asked Remus softly.
"We didn't have the best, last conversation, no" Sara answered honestly.
"You had a fight?"
"I wouldn't call it that. More of a miss-understanding, or dissagreement"
"Sara, if she's gone for a long period of time, you will have to tell someone. She could hurt herself, if she's alone for too long... Even if she locked up, and cared for, isn't that better, than being lost in the woods forever?"
"I know I can't keep it a secret forever. Someone will find out eventually... The Ministry have a scheduled visit, next week, to check on her, and if she isn't there... I dread to think what they will do".

Remus squeezed Sara's hand, and smiled comfortingly.
"There is nothing you can to help her, while you're here. So the best thing you can do, is enjoy yourself. I know it will be hard, but do it for her. Live the life that she wishes she could have lived" Remus suggested.
Sara nodded her head, and breathed in deeply.
"I'll try... It's just, hard, you know".
Remus nodded, as Sara wiped her eyes and put a smile on her face.
"So... How was everyone's summers, since I saw you last? Do anything stupid and dangerous?" She asked.
Sirius grinned.
"There's our girl" he announced happily.
Sara laughed.
"Yep. Here I am".
"And to answer your question, it's only been like, 2 weeks, since we last saw you, so we haven't had time to do much"
"Well, just tell me all I've missed, in those two weeks... It will help keep my mind, off other things".

"Mission accepted, and hey, you're wearing the necklace, that I got you last Christmas" Sirius pointed out.
Sara placed her hand over the necklace, and smiled.
"I'm surprised you remember what it looks like, you bought it a year ago" she replied.
Sirius smiled smuggly.
"I am a man of many talents".
"And you wore it every day last term, which might have helped this idiot, to remember what it looked like" reminded James.
Sirius frowned.
"Way to bring a man down, Potter".
"My pleasure, Black" James replied, smiling happily.

Sara laughed.
"Oh, you guys. You crack me up".
"I aim to please, Miss Burne" replied Sirius, bowing his head.
"A right comedy due, you two are" said Remus, sighing.
"I'll take that as a compliment, Mr Lupin" informed Sirius.
Remus rolled his eyes, and got out his Daily Prophet, allowing Sara to rest her head on his shoulder, as he read this mornings news.