Chapter 5

Deal

I knew he was hot, if a guy had that kind of body and voice, of course, he'd have a face to match.

But who would have thought I straddled a freaking god. He was almost ethereal, too aesthetically beautiful for this world. His creamy complexion shone against the harsh lights lining the room, the layer of perspiration coating his skin highlighted the sharp angles of his face. His eyebrows were softened in surprise, his face slightly slack. The nose, that was vaguely big for his face but somehow fit perfectly, sat a few centimeters above soft pink lips which were loosely parted, exposing a portion of pearly white teeth.

He blinked slowly, his thick lashes fanning across his cheeks. The obsidian dark eyes, glittering with a swirl of emotion with a constant underlayer of mischief, pierced into my own pair of light brown eyes.

"Oh god, why'd you have to be hot," I whispered a dark tone etching into my voice.

"Do you two know each other?" Came an animated voice, so energetic I think steroids were somehow injected into it. I tear my eyes away from the doe-like eyes, in the man who looked like he was literally shining, I almost had to squint to look at him directly.

His smile was brighter than my future.

"Yeah, I sa-" I was abruptly caught off when a large hand covered my mouth and a muscular arm snaked around my waist, lifting me up with ease. A startled cough broke against his palm and I felt him recoil against my back.

"No, Hobi Hyung, we never met before," he chuckled awkwardly dragging me toward the door.

"Mmmhh meh mhhhnn!" I yelled voice muffled.

"You usually sweep girls you never met off their feet," I quipped sarcastically when he let go of me.

In the next second, I blinked he was five feet away from me, bowing repeatedly.

"Sorry, sorry, sorry," he kept mumbling, staring at my feet.

"It's okay, stop bowing," I murmured, discomfort making my body itch. His eyes were wide, face completely tense, it was almost as if his head was receding into his shoulders. Was he.... scared?

"Uh, are you alright?" I took a step closer to him and he took one back, gulping audibly.

Oh shoot, did he think I was going to jump him again, even worse, that I was stalking him!

"I'm not going to jump you again! That was completely accidental, there was a dog and I called it a bitch and she, well it was a he actually, ran into the path of this car, so I went to save it, but you were coming out of that dance studio-" I blabbered frantically, my hands moving rapidly, as if that would make him understand better.

"I'm not a stalker either, my mom she found my resume and thought to send me here, I don't even know how I was chosen or anything, much less what this job is! Everything is purely coincidental, I'm not a stalker I swear," My voice rose a few octaves as I ranted vehemently, my eyes the size of saucers.

He scuffed at the floor with his shoe pouting, like a guilty puppy. He cleared his throat and scratched at the back of his head, the same way Jae does when he does something stupid. A frown rose upon my lips, eyebrows furrowing. I stepped closer and he stepped back again, but this time I kept walking until his back pressed up against the wall. His doe-like eyes met mine then quickly snapped away as he swallowed.

"Are you... scared of me?"

"N-no, of course not," he stuttered, still staring at his feet. I quirked an eyebrow.