Chapter 9

Beautiful

"Hey, take your shirt off."

I watched in amusement as Jungkook's head shot up, shock registering in his soft brown eyes and a strangled cough causing his smooth, supple cheeks to puff outwards.

"Not like that," I said in a blunt tone and waved the small first aid kit in front of me.

"You were favoring your left side when we were eating, so I'm assuming," I gestured to his arm as I walked towards him, "your arm is pretty banged up."

I plopped down on the bed next to him, pulling the case onto my lap.

"I'm fine."

Was that his go-to phrase or something? I gave him a cold glare, my nostrils flared from frustration.

"Listen, sir, I quite honestly don't care if you think you're fine or not. Now take it off before I strip you myself."

I was mad. I knew I was going too far over just a few words, but seeing him in pain makes me feel like I'm failing, and him not letting me help him just makes it all the more aggravating.

I mimed charging towards the edge of his t-shirt. I wasn't going to strip him, of course, assault charges are too expensive.

"Okay, I'll do it. What about you makes me so complacent?" He said, mumbling the last part so quietly I could barely catch his words.

A victorious smile flooded into my face, feeling way too happy for convincing someone to take their shirt off.

"Are you gonna watch or..." I quickly turned away, kind of embarrassed.

My eyes were trained on the pale wallpaper, almost burning a hole into it, when I heard a small pained gasp and a whoosh of fabric being tossed aside.

I gulped hard, my thoughts spinning and my body growing warm.

I definitely did not think this through. My fists clenched, dull pain throbbing in the thin crescent moons digging into my palm.

Don't peek. Don't peek. I know he's damn sexy but peeking is perverted and weird. No peeking.

I wanted to peek so bad. What do you expect, I'm a hot-blooded, hormonal, straight woman, and there was an impossibly hot guy stripping next to me.

"Aemin-ssi?"

"Yeah," my voice was high-pitched and strained, the sound resembling more of a yelp than anything else. I twisted my head so fast in his direction that a tiny twinge of pain ricocheted throughout my neck.

I refused to stare at his exposed body, keeping my head tilted back as I tucked a blanket around his exposed body, a bit reluctant if I'm honest, only catching a glimpse of honeyed skin.

I pulled back, sitting down on the bed with more force than necessary, my heart pattering aggressively against my rib cage.

I pulled my attention to his muscled arm, the skin smeared with hues of between a sickly yellow to a dusky purple, making me wince as if I was the one painted with bruises. I immediately got to work, completely forgetting the impure thoughts that plagued my mind moments before.

"Thank you." Warmth wrapped around me as his voice slipped into my consciousness.

"Don't worry about it. It's my job," I responded, voice flat and focused.

"Not that. Thank you for not looking, I mean. I'm so used to people staring at me, constantly judging and trying to catch part of my skin showing. You didn't look, even though I was completely bare in front of you."