Chapter 19

PUDDING

"Oh no, why do you look like that?"

Jungkook's dark eyes became hesitant, growing weary of my various facial expressions; most of which he was beginning to understand.

I was donning a double chin, my jaw pressed into my throat from the evil grin that contorted my features unattractively.

"We're sneaking out!" I answered with a clap, pulling a wheelchair out from the hallway behind me.

It was hard to miss that Jungkook was getting antsy these last few days; not to mention his surgery was today and he probably wouldn't be able to leave his room for the next week as he'd be recovering.

He raised his eyebrows, a smile bending his face gracefully as he spoke, "Where to?"

"Well, I can't take you far but I found this little courtyard outside the back entrance, I was thinking we could get some extra chocolate pudding as well." I slipped an arm around him while he twined himself around me as I helped him into the chair, his momentum pulling me forward against him.

"Woah, feeling bold today, aren't we?" Jungkook commented into my hair, laughter edging into his voice in an obnoxiously charming way.

"Oops, guess I couldn't help myself," I remarked dryly, pushing myself off him.

I hid the full-blown smile that took over my face, Jungkook had lost that uncomfortable hold that was always in his voice, going as far as to tease and poke fun at me. It was a little weird thing I'd be happy about that but with Jungkook some of the smallest things made me happy.

I think maybe we were becoming close friends. At least, I hope so.

I shook my head to myself, pulling a white face mask off the bedside table, leaning forward to slip it on his face.

He reached up and gave my fingers a quick squeeze.

"Thank you," he said in a muffled voice, his eyes crinkling from a smile.

I simply laughed, ruffling his dark hair while pushing the chair forward with my free hand.

I stopped the chair at the doorway, I gave a little laugh as he peeked around the doorway as if he was in a low budget spy movie, even going as far to add his own spy music.

"Swiper no swiping," I whispered, tiptoeing dramatically down the hall, shushing literally nobody.

"You're so weird." The hypocrite shook his head a little

"M'kay, James Bond."

We snuck down the hallway with a choppy, fast pace, pretending we were isolated, when in fact there were quite a few people considering this was a hospital.

I pushed him into the bustling cafeteria when we got there, giggling like small children as we made our way through the line.

"Stop laughing," he said as he continued to giggle himself.

"Shh," I laughed the sound, almost unable to breathe.

We moved forward in the line until I stood in front of the older lady serving the food.

I gave an exaggerated gasp as I stood in front of her, eyes widening as leaned over Jungkook to get a closer look at her.

"Ajumma... What happened to your face?"

She made a sound from the back of her throat, gently touching her face.

"You look ten years younger!" I exclaimed, unable to hold back a cheeky smile.