(24)

It was half time. The score board read that we were in the lead. Fourteen to seven. Flynn and I stood on the sidelines listening to the end of a pep talk from Leo and coach while we drenched ourselves with cold water.

We had two minutes left until we needed to back on the field and Flynn picked his phone out of his bag once coach told us to break.

He read it while I scanned the crowd. Mom and Dad were sitting on the bleachers. Spencer, Nathan and Abby were beside them. Mom and Dad caught me staring and started to wave.

Well, Dad flipped me off as he laughed hard enough that I could almost hear him.

But a swift elbow in the gut saw to it that he blew me a kiss instead. Fucking weirdo.

It was great to see them. But I was looking for one girl in particular. And it wasn't Amalia.

Although, I was thrilled when I saw her standing beside the fence line.

Before I could run over and give her a quick kiss, Flynn nudged me and dropped his phone back into his bag.

"Abby said she doesn't know what Jorjia is doing here. But she didn't come to the game."

That didn't help much.

Earlier, when I had seen her on the drive, I hadn't even said hello. Not a word.

Instead, I climbed into the car and left, driving straight past her while she stood there and watched me.

Now I couldn't stop thinking about her and wondering what the fuck she was doing back.

It wasn't that I wanted her. I didn't feel that ache in my stomach whenever I remembered the fact she'd pulled my heart out of my chest and stood on it.

I didn't get hard when I remembered her plump lips around my dick. I didn't want to throw up when I pictured her pulling her pants on after our final fuck, waving goodbye and leaving without so much as an 'I'll miss you.'

No, I was fine. I just wasn't sure if I should be in the same room as her.

Or hear her speak or smell her perfume.

There was a definite fear over the unknown and what her effect over me would be like.

Which was dumb. Because I was falling in love with another girl and she couldn't mess that up for me.

Amalia. That was who I wanted. I gave Flynn a slap on the shoulder and turned around, running over the the sweet girl who was leaning against the fence.

She was head to toe in blue and silver. Silver bangles, silver lids, silver - well, grey thigh high socks - and a pair of glitter silver lace up canvas shoes.

Her pale blue t shirt was knotted in the front, revealing her toned stomach and the one part of her outfit that wasn't to theme was her black high waist shorts.

I stepped up onto the concrete surround and wrapped my arms around her waist, lifting her so her feet were off the ground.

The fence between us was cold and steel but she didn't complain. She hugged me back as I kissed her neck.

"You look so damn beautiful in our colours," I told her with a loud voice beside her ear.

The noise was hard to compete with. She leaned back and I lowered her to her feet but kept hold of her.

"You don't think it's a bit much?" She looked down at the outfit. "Ingrid made me wear it. We got dressed at her house."

Her gaze went past me to the blonde cheerleader who was in the middle of the half time routine.