(29) Part One Epilogue

M I L L Y S • P O V

Ingrid and I sat in the golf club common room. It was just the two of us because Flynn and Abby had gone to have family photos done with the bride and her parents.

The wedding hadn't begun but it wouldn't be long so Ingrid and I figured we'd hang around and down a drink or two before we found a seat.

The common room was charming. Blue drapes, tall ceilings, double glazed windows which offered a view of the rolling grass planes of the golf club.

There was a kitchen nook and a couple of sofas in front of a small flat screen. It was all quite simple but sweet. Abby said the actual wedding was elegant and gorgeous.

Ingrid sat beside me and messed around with her tits, adjusting and jiggling them in her skin tight black dress. I checked my phone. There was a message from Abby.

Lucas just got here. He's on his way over to you. Told him he was being a little pussy and he needed to talk to you. You should have seen his face when I told him I know what happened. I thought he was going to shit himself. HAHAH. Dick.

I hadn't even finished reading it when there was a soft tap on the open door and there he was, hand in his tuxedo pocket, a gorgeous grin on his lips.

"Hello you little slut," Ingrid stood up and marched straight over to Lucas, landing a solid slap across his cheek. "That's for hurting my new favourite person."

Lucas rubbed his jaw and sighed. "Someone had to do it," he wiggled his jaw. "Solid hand. Damn Ingrid. What are you doing here?"

"Abby invited me," Ingrid said. "And besides, me and the bride are tight. She's a pal."

"What's the bride's name?" Lucas questioned with boredom.

"Fine, I'm here for the open bar and perhaps a groomsman. We'll see where the night takes me."

"The groomsmen are in their mid twenties, Ingrid," Lucas said.

She fluffed her blonde hair and checked her gloss in the wall mirror beside the door. "I'm eighteen. Mills is eighteen. You're eighteen. Are we done stating ages? What's your point?"

"Never mind," he said.

"I will never date a man under twenty again. I'll see you both out there."

She spun on her heel and left the room. Leaving Lucas and I alone.

He looked so fit in his tailored tuxedo. It accentuated his broad shoulders and biceps. His light brown hair was a tousled mess.

Smug little bastard didn't have to be so damn handsome in everything he wore.

He'd disappeared to New York just under two weeks ago. The football team wasn't scheduled for another game until next week so he'd done some soul searching in the big Apple.

It wouldn't have surprised me if he'd been getting his count up while he was out of town where no one would find out.

But Abby convinced me he was serious about focusing on bettering himself. She said that hurting Amalia had been a huge wake up call.

He hated himself for doing that to her. It made him feel disgusting and he never wanted to do it again. But he knew it was going to take a bit of effort and conscious decision making.

Lucas had been a lone soldier for a long time. He was used to sex and nothing more. He gave it a shot, but failed. With the help of me of course.

I still felt awful for going against girl code. Amalia hadn't even shouted at me. She hadn't slapped me or given me a go. We weren't and never would be best friends. But we were on good terms.