Idea 2 : "Friends"

"Friends just sleep in another bed,
And friends don't treat me like you do.
Well I know that there's a limit to everything,
But my friends won't love me like you."

Warning : coarse language

I listened to the acute ringing of my phone, signalling that someone wanted to talk. I shuffled to the end of the lounge and read the caller ID; Harry Styles.

It was a weird afternoon and I wasn't in the right mood to talk to him, but I answered anyway.

"Harry!" I faked some surprise.

"Ella. How are you feeling?" His deep voice rang through the line, making me think of all the times before.

"Oh, I'm having the time of my life." I spoke slow and sarcastically.

"Talk to me." He begged. It was a strange thing to hear from a man who had everyone crawling at his feet.

"Well its a funny story actually." I paused a bit. "See that night, after we'd all left the gala, Jake took me out into the fucking foyer, and began to tell me how much it looked like I wanted to fuck you."

"He's a prick though." Harry said, benign.

"Oh I haven't even told you the best bit." I continued with a short laugh. "I was his ride so I told him to give me his address and when I pulled up at his place there was a little blue car."

"I'm guessing it wasn't his sisters?" Harry conveyed. I tried hard not to laugh at this, finding it ironic.

"As much as he wanted me to believe, it really wasn't. When I opened his front door there was a woman sitting at his breakfast bar. When I asked if she was his sister she goes 'Oh what? No Jake called me over earlier'" I concluded.

"Holy shit." I hear Harry breathe roughly. "I'm sorry about that Ella."

"Oh well, better now than when we're married with three children and a dog."

I heard him laugh, a sweet relief on my behalf. "Can I come over?" He questioned.

"Umm." I looked around at the mess, I had barely been out in three days and I wasn't sure if that was the me I wanted him to see. "Give me half an hour and then I'll call you." I said.

For the next thirty minutes I rushed around and cleaned up anything majorly dirty before taking a quick shower and sliding into fresh clothes.

At 2:32 I called Harry back. "I'm ready now." Was the first thing I said to him. He laughed and said a quick 'ok' before driving to my house.

When I opened the front door of my house, I looked into his bright Paris green eyes. We held contact for about twenty seconds before I broke down into tears, finally letting it all out for the first time.

Harry held me securely in his arms, right up against his warm body. "Hey." He spoke softly, "it'll be alright, you're not alone." I believed everything that ever came from his mouth.

We stood for a while just like that until he brought me into the kitchen to get some water. He made little jokes and brought a new light to the situation.

By then, we both knew "friends" wouldn't cut it.

I hate how teachers have it ingrained in my head that 'said' isn't creative and shouldn't be used. I feel bad whenever I need to use it.

None the less, I hope anyone reading is enjoying what I've put together to far.
-A x