Idea 10 : art imitates life

Warning : coarse language

"Oi, Sarah!" I hear a strong voice yell from behind me. I swivel around to see who is causing the commotion. I'm met with strong eyes that hold a sharp stare.

"Is your name Sarah, dickhead?" Harry's voice is acerbic. I roll my eyes and turn back around as I hear him scoff and then run off to find Sarah.

Harry and I are acquaintances - and in the instance of finding him alone we are what you would call friends. He didn't intimidate me, nor had he ever made me cry, but sometimes I really wished he would be a little bit nicer.

As the bell rings I push my way through a few people to get to class. My school doesn't involve many hallways, it's built mostly outside other than the classrooms.

I take a different route to my friends, weaving through the main office block. I don't like my friends, it's truly nothing personal they're just very judgemental. Harry included.

I climb a few flights of stairs before reaching my geography classroom. There's already a few people in there. I'm not friends with any of them either. Harry comes in after a few minutes with Sarah and sits in the row in front of me. My friends are lunch friends and that's it. We don't sit together in class or really converse for that matter. It's.. different.

-

"Can you please take your earphones out and talk to me." I hear Harry beg from beside me. I continue the walk home, making my way past houses full of rose bushes. "Hello?" He waves his hand in front of my face.

I move my head to look at him but keep my pace. My eyebrows raise slightly, letting him know I've heard everything he's said. Harry stops in the middle of the path and I turn back to look at him.

"Natalia. You're being unfair." Harry looks into my eyes as I move one hand up to remove one of my earphones.

"Am I?" I ask. He looks over me.

"I think so."

I shrug before continuing to walk feeling Harry's footsteps approaching behind me. "Tali please." He says as he grips my arm.

"Go away, dickhead." I say inflectionless. Harry scrunches his face into a frown, clearly not understanding my reference.

"That's a new one." He says quietly.

I roll my eyes at his inability to string this together. "Why aren't you mean to Sarah? Why is it just me Harry?" I guide him.

"Oh." Harry takes a step back, realising my angle.

"Tali I uh," he scratches the back of his neck, "that's just who I am?" He tries.

"Harry you're really wasting my time I need to get home." I speak, watching my words spin around in his mind.

"Um yeah." He shrugs, "I'm sorry about all of that."

"You always say that." I say softly. This feels like a breakup. Maybe it is. Harry nods his head as I begin to walk off, throwing a small wave goodbye in his direction.

"I guess I won't see you tomorrow." Harry mutters to himself, assuming I'm out of ear shot.

I guess he won't.

This whole chapter really just felt like a big vent.
I'd almost be able to write a whole story on this plot. I won't however, because it's basically already been done before and mean Harry kind of annoys me.
I hope you enjoyed!
-A x