|04|

"HOLY MOTHER OF GOD

"HOLY MOTHER OF GOD."

|04|

THE LAST HOURS OF HAVING A COMPLETE FAMILY. That was the entire ride to the airport of Seattle. Utter silence with so much emotions in the atmosphere that Collin felt sick about it. Lilian, who was driving, didn't say a word. His father, who was holding his mother's hand in the backseat, didn't say a word either. Both of his parents just sent him an apologetic smile when he turned his seat for a talk.

The only words that were spoken, happened at the boarding of the plane. When Collin had to tell his parents goodbye for the next five months. There were only a few words spoken, but those words alone were heartbreaking.

"We love you both," Cristina Harper said, cupping her son's face, kissing the top of his nose. Collin couldn't take it and hugged his mother. His anchor.

"Promise me that you'll call as soon as you're there, alright?" He whispered, his voice on the edge of breaking and his eyes threatening to drop a few tears. Cristina hushed her son and wiped his tears away before they fell.

"Hey, you're going to be okay." She whispered. "Promise me you'll take care of your sister? She may be in charge, but Lily isn't as tough as she pretends to be." Collin nodded, letting his mother go. He hugged his father, who told him how proud he was.

When both of his parents were out of sight and his mother was pushed away by the crew, who were boarding too, Collin turned to his sister.

Lilian Harper wore a mask. A rock-hard mask that even he couldn't break. And Collin knew exactly why she wore it. She was scared, scared of the unknown.

Collin threw an arm around her shoulder and gave her a side-hug. "We're going to be in this together, sis. And we're going to ace it." He smirked, whilst Lilian's mask cracked a tiny bit. She just nodded and turned around, back to the car. Back to the isolation of her own existence.

"Lil, come on, wait." Collin exclaimed, running after her.

"What's up, Col." Lilian scoffed as he caught up with her.

"Well, I was just thinking..."

"Oh, dear. This is going to be the moment, ladies and gentlemen. Collin Harper has a rational thought, for the first time in seventeen years!" Lilian remarked sarcastically. Collin scowled at his little sister.

"Ha. Ha. Very funny." He said, "Anyway, Tyler Crowley and I were planning this 'night out' with my friends, and we were wondering if you'd like to come too." Lilian looked at him like Collin was crazy.

"You already know the answer to that, Collin. I'm not trying to socialize again." She stated, passing away.

Once they both sat in the car, Collin huffed. "You can't stay depressed about that forever, Lil. It was an accident."