|16|

'I'M SIMPLY NOT TELLING THE COMPLETE TRUTH, THERE'S A DIFFERENCE

'I'M SIMPLY NOT TELLING THE COMPLETE TRUTH, THERE'S A DIFFERENCE.'

|16|

HUNTER BARKED PLAYFULLY AT LILIAN'S SIDE AND THE BLONDE KNEW THAT HE WAS TRYING TO CHEER HIS OWNER UP. But it didn't help. Lilian was angry and offended, how could her own mother try to set her up with people she didn't want to be with? Of course, the Quileutes were incredibly nice people, but they had some unknown reason of resentment towards outsiders and then especially the Cullen family. Everyone who stood out a little was marked as a creature from their legends. When she was younger, Cristina had called Collin her little wolf, and Lilian had been different, and because of her cold character treats, tribe members whom sought answers in the Quileute legends, marked her as a young Cold One. A creature that could be resembled a vampire.

All those legends were pure rubbish to Lilian, and she knew that her mother had now truly gone mental. Charlie had even told her that her mother had moved from the hospital in Forks to the one in La Push, and that the Quileute's refused to enter the hospital in Forks. – The world had gone mad around Lilian, and it slowly tried to pull her down with it.

Hunter growled lowly, snapping Lilian up from her thoughts. She rose from the tree trunk she'd sat on to think about her night and brought her hand to the revolver on her thigh. Shrubs rustled and moved, as Lilian looked at the same path she'd walked.

"Finally! I found you," Jasper Hale exhaled out of nowhere, and he startled Lilian.

"Great Gods, Jasper..." Lilian panted, catching up her breath and placing one of her hands on her heart.

Hunter now barked playfully again and greeted Jasper happily, but Lilian nevertheless noticed that the dog still looked cautious.

"Why are you here, actually?" Lilian asked, sitting back on the tree trunk. Jasper sat down next to her, his face showing relief and Lilian swore his skin looked even more white in the moonlight. His honey blond hair seemed to have a silver glow from the moon and Jasper's topaz-colored eyes were vibrant in the dark night.

"I went looking for you," Jasper said, "I couldn't stand Lauren's flirting anymore, so I started to look for you. When I couldn't find you anywhere in the house, I thought of what Collin had told me about your... dendrophilia. So, I asked him what your favorite place was, and went to look for you here."

In reality, Jasper had just asked Alice and she'd told him where to be at what time.

Lilian swallowed away the tears that were coming up when she thought of the fact why she went into the woods this night. The anger and hurt had made her cry again, something she did more often than she wanted to.

One single tear rolled down her cheek as Lilian sat back and simply looked at the moon. The place they sat was a small clearing, where the trees showed the sky in it's most amazing way. Lilian loved this place, it was her special spot, the place she sought solitude if she felt the need for it.