|08|

"AND HONESTLY, I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO EXPECT

"AND HONESTLY, I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO EXPECT."

|08|

THE NEXT THREE WEEKS, LILIAN WARMED UP TO THE CULLENS A LITTLE. She still didn't like Edward, though. He seemed too... wise wasn't the word, but it came close enough. He seemed to know everything that circled in her head.

One thing did follow Lilian everywhere she went nevertheless: her conscious. The fact that she bonded with the liars and perhaps even dangerous people, for no matter how kind they were to her, all of Lilian's instincts told her to turn her heels and run as far away from the Cullens as possible. It was confusing, for Lilian's entire heart told her that the Cullens were amazingly kind and exceptionally decent.

The thing that bothered Lilian the most: she owes Cora an apology and her consent. She had told herself that she'd never have a crush, that she would never in her life warm-up to the Cullens, that she'd neverlikeJasper Hale. Well, the contrary was proven, Lilian Harper liked Jasper Hale. Not that he'd ever know.

Lilian stared at herself when the doorbell rang. It was the 14thof September and Lilian was trying the beanie that Collin brought for her as a birthday gift. She brought him a pair of new Nike shoes. Pulling the beanie off her head, Lilian rushed downstairs to open the door.

"Are you Ms. Lilian Natalia Harper?" A mailman asked, holding a clipboard, but no package.

"Uhm, yes?" Lilian replied hesitantly. The mailman nodded and held out the clipboard.

"You need to sign this." The mailman said, and Lilian signed the form, not knowing what this was about. "Wait here." He said, walking towards his truck and coming back with one large red box where Lilian herself could fit in, if she hugged her knees to her chest and curled up like a ball.

"There's another one. A happy birthday!" The mailman said, walking back to his car when he'd put both boxes down in front of Lilian's feet. One of them was pink with a baby blue bow, the other baby blue with a pink bow.

Lilian heard noises coming from the boxes and looked at the cards that were attached to the boxes. 'Collin Harper. Happy 18thbirthday to our handsome sweetheart. Love: Mom and Dad.'And 'Lilian Harper. Happy 18thbirthday, to our little detective, love: Mom and Dad.' Pure curiosity roomed over Lilian when she had read both of the cards. She reached for her phone and called her brother.

"Lilian Harper, why are you calling me? Haven't heard from you for a while." Collin said when he took the phone. Lilian mentally face-palmed. He could be such a jerk from time to time.

"Collin, you need to come home, right now. Mom and dad got us presents." Lilian told her brother, giving the boxes a doubtful look, "And honestly, I don't know what to expect."

Collin laughed on the other side of the line. "Calm down, sister. I'm already on my way home. Is it alright if Alice and Jasper are coming with me?" He asked, mocking the haughty tone to sound important. Lilian chuckled lightly.