|15|

'YOU ARE TRYING TO INDOCTRINATE ME WITH ALL YOUR SCARY STORIES AND STUPID BELIEFS'

|15|

WHILST THEIR LIPS MOVED IN PERFECT SYNC,Lilian's heart beat in her chest rapidly. Her eyes were closed and by instinct, one of her hands was caressing Jasper's cheek. His lips were colder than she expected, but it felt unbelievably good. Like their lips were made to only kiss each other.

After something that could've been eternity, Lilian realized that she had to breath still, and she slowly ended the kiss.

Lilian caught up her breath, looking up at Jasper. His mind and eyes were so distant now, as if they were further away than Lilian could ever imagine. He still looked satisfied... although, that's what Lilian made from his body language.

"That," Jasper suddenly spoke up, reaching for Lilian's hand, "was incredible." Lilian's cheeks flushed for several seconds, as she smiled at him, more genuinely than she'd ever done. She looked down at their connected hands and smiled even more.

"When you just said that my first kiss should've been special," Lilian started seriously, making Jasper grimace at her tone, "you've made it pretty hard to beat my expectations of following kisses."

"I see that as a compliment," Jasper joked, pulling Lilian close once again, embracing her in a hug.

"So..." Lilian bargained, "where do things go from here?"

"Well by all means, Lilian Harper would you grant me the honor of taking you out on a date in the following year?" Jasper asked, somewhere mockingly. Lilian chuckled.

"Gladly," She answered, and Jasper snaked his arms around her waist, "We have a party to go to first, though," Lilian added, smirking at Jasper's disappointed face, "Come down in two minutes, alright?"

Jasper cocked his head at her, "Why can't we just go together?" Lilian grimaced.

"Firstly, has Alice told you how my mother reacted upon seeing her? Stupid campfire stories she's raised with, or something," Lilian started, annoyed with her mother's superstitious behavior, "Secondly, a certain Lauren Mallory is downstairs and the fact that we're in my house won't stop her from literally attacking me for destroying her chances."

"Chances?" Jasper said with a raised eyebrow, "she never had a chance, Lil." Lilian gave him a stern look and pleading eyes at the same time, "Alright. I'll come down in three minutes, happy now?"

Lilian nodded, "Very." She smiled at him once more and turned around, walking towards the stairs.

"But," Jasper said rather playfully behind her. Lilian froze, that stupid 'but', always ruins thing. Softly groaning, she turned around and looked at him.

"But?" She asked annoyed.

"You'll have to let me give you a ride to school when holiday is over," Jasper said with a smirk. Lilian shivered.