|28|

'EITHER YOU GET TO YOUR POSITION AND PLAY WITH MY FRIENDS OR PISS OFF'

|28|

"STOP!" Alice yelled over the field.

After two hours of playing baseball – Collin, Lilian and Bella being amazed at the sound effects included – the seer of the miraculous coven had stopped the game because of one of her visions.

"What's going on, Alice?" Carlisle asked worriedly.

"I thought they'd left," Alice blurted, "but they heard us. They want to play too."

All of the Cullens gathered around Lilian's car, as two of them had run to the vehicle the moment Alice had called the game to a stop.

"I take Bella out of here," Edward muttered to his family, eyeing the brunette. Lilian had the feeling that he must've felt incredibly guilty.

"No time for that," Carlisle stated.

"Collin, stay in the car, don't look," Alice whispered hurriedly, opening the backseat's door a little.

Lilian zoned out, realizing what was actually happening; there was a group of vampires coming their way, and they wouldn't drink animal blood...

"Lilian..." Jasper said to her, awakening her from her thoughts, "put your hair down. Do you have the lighter in the form of a gun?"

"H-how—" she stammered, surprised that he knew about the gun, she'd never told anyone about it, certainly not him, as Jasper had never asked her.

"I know you always hide two weapons on your body when you're wearing that parka. Do me a favor and keep the lighter close, vampires can be destroyed by fire," Jasper told her with a sad smile.

"O-okay," Lilian agreed, "but don't talk for me. I am clever enough to do so for myself." She gave him a little smile, entangling his fingers with her own.

"You're either crazy or joking," Rosalie spoke up, taking off her baseball cap, "here, keep that thing up and try to stay behind Jasper as much as possible."

"They're coming!" Emmett boomed over the field and Lilian then saw indeed three figures emerge from the woods. There was one female and two males, from which one had a dark undertone in his white skin and dreadlocks in his long, black hair. The female had fury red curls, and wore a sheep's fur over her shoulders, her red eyes darting between everyone carefully, and Lilian noticed that they lingered on Jasper for a few seconds.

Then, there was the second male... Lilian did her best not to scream, but it was him. The man that had followed her since she was eleven, unnoticed by him maybe. He had torn her best friends apart and drained them, as he had planned on doing with her, a few months ago... At first, his stare lingered on Edward, then Emmett, he drooled over Rose's beautiful appearance, before looking at Jasper, threatened, and then, he stared right at her. Those horrible red eyes twinkled with murderous thirst and Lilian tensed under his gaze.