|27|

'IF I HAVE TO GIVE UP MORTALITY AND OLD AGE TO GET YOU, GLADLY'

|27|

"HOLY FUCKING SHIT!"Lilian exclaimed at the sight of Jasper in sunlight, "When Rhianna sang: Shine bright like a diamond, I'm pretty sure she wasn't serious." The blonde gazed upon the vampire's chest, amazed. Lilian had so many speculations about what would happen if vampires showed themselves in sunlight but being a literal action figure made out of Swarovski diamonds wasn't one of them.

Jasper himself seemed to be quite amused with her reaction, yet Lilian thought he seemed to enjoy the sunlight on his sparkling skin as well.

"How does it feel?" she decided to ask. Jasper perked up by the sound of her voice once more, surprised by her question.

"What do you mean?"

"How does it feel to have a sparkling skin?" Lilian asked curiously, sliding down next to him, the grass tickling her bare arms as she leaned forward, her elbows holding up her upper body.

"It's a tickling feeling," Jasper tried, "yet it feels warming and relaxing... it's hard to describe. You'll understand once, I hope." Lilian's smile faltered a bit.

"You mean that I have to become a vampire, don't you?" The air around them became tense, even a blind person couldn't deny that. Lilian didn't look at Jasper, yet she suspected him to be chewing the inside of his cheek right now.

"Yes," Jasper eventually spoke up, "yes, I would rather have that. Considering that that gives me forever with you, instead of a few decades."

"But what if I do not want to become a vampire?" Lilian argued gently, knowing this was a talk they were doomed to have once or twice.

"Then I'll accept that wish," Jasper acknowledged sadly.

"But what would become of you once I am dead?" she wanted to know, she had to. It felt like something that could give her a change of heart, and surely, it'd weight a lot in her choice.

"Void. My life will be dull and void," Jasper whispered, "I wouldn't be able to smile again... or see the world in a positive light."

Lilian's eyes were filled with compassion and the thought of a depressed Jasper made her heart slowly break, "And if I'd ask you not to become like that? To love again?"

"Lilian, that'd be impossible. I told you that vampires love only once, and that a mating bond is something like that, yet intensified. You might not feel it as heavy as I do, but I can tell you, that for a vampire, a mating bond is something that intimate doesn't cover it. You are my oxygen, and I a drowning man..." Jasper explained once more, looking into her blue eyes. A silence enveloped both of them, both stuck in their own minds.

"Then you won't lose me," Lilian suddenly stated, and the vampire's head perked up faster than should be humanly possible, and the human girl suppressed a chuckle.