Chapter Fifteen

As the morning sun poured in through a nearby window, Alice blinked groggily before raising up and stretching her arms up above her head. She looked around yawning as she remembered she'd slept in Wit's bed. He was conspicuously missing, a singled tulip left in his place. She rolled her eyes as she mumbled, "At least it's not a rose."

"Mademoiselle is awake. Very good." Alice followed the voice to find the Duchess's pretty cook standing in the doorway. Scantily clad as always, her white apron barely covered her ample breasts and showed most of her slender legs. Her porcelain skin was so flawless her flesh might as well have been begging to be touched. Of course, none of that explained why she was there, though Alice had a fairly good idea.

"Where's Wit?"

She shrugged her delicate shoulders. "The white rabbit left hours ago but didn't want to wake you."

Alice lifted an eyebrow. "So he brought you here to spy on me? Make sure I stay put?"

"No, he sent for me to keep you company while he was at work." She strolled toward Alice before climbing into bed next to her. She trailed two of her long, thin fingers along Alice's arm. "We would not want you to be lonely or bored."

* * * *

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Alice in Shifterland has moved to Radishfiction.com. Please download the app, and look for me there under SierraBraveRomance. All of the episodes in season one will still be free and there are offers to earn free coins and coupons. Instead of deleting all the chapters on Wattpad, I'm modifying them into teasers so we don't lose the comments. You can find Alice directly at https://radishfiction.com/stories/11533