Chapter Twenty

"There's still time for me to pretend to be sick and send my regrets, Alice whispered into Hat's ear.

He chuckled. "And waste all the dance lessons I gave you? Besides the feast is in your honor. You have to meet the Red Kingdom's Great Lords."

"Don't wanna." She poked her lips out as she locked arms with him while they strolled toward the big shindig where she'd have to make nice with a bunch of arrogant men who wouldn't even allow her to open her mouth in their presence or make eye contact with them if she wasn't a so-called queen.

"Did we not learn our lesson upstairs? Will both sides of your bottom need to be bright red before you realize being queen isn't really about you?"

She huffed, frowning as she tugged at the sleeves of her uncomfortable gown. "I'm going to make a fool of myself anyway. I can't dance in a dress that drags the ground."

* * * *

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Alice in Shifterland has moved to Radishfiction.com. Please download the app, and look for me there under SierraBraveRomance. Many of the chapters in season one will still be free (I have an email in to support to unlock them.) and there are offers to earn free coins and coupons. Instead of deleting all the chapters on Wattpad, I'm modifying them into teasers so we don't lose the comments.