three

Chapter Three |

I'D BEEN in Stefan's room for atleast an hour trying to think of some way out, but being human, there was none. I was stuck in this shitty prison world with some creep that'd kept me here.

I'd looked through some of Stefan's old belongings but had bored myself in no time, so I'd took to laying on the bed. There was a sudden knock on the door, startling me. Before I can even utter a word, it opens. I groan, "Oh, get lost, Kai."

Obviously he ignores me and walks right in. I groan again and push myself up on the bed into a sitting position. Kai walks towards me with a bowl in his hands, "I brought you some pasta."

"I don't want it." I tell him, frowning in annoyance. I couldn't believe he'd practically kidnapped me and yet wanted to act like he was my friend.

"Why not?" He has the audacity to question.

I push myself off the bed, "Because you've probably posioned it."

"Why would I do that?" Kai questions, "What reasoning do I have for poisoning some pasta?"

"A lot." I respond, moving towards the window so I can stare out there instead of at him.

"You're gonna have to eat at some point, I was just trying to help." Kai says.

My eyebrows pull together and I angrily turn to look at him so he can see my rage, "Trying to help? Has it escaped your mind so fast that you trapped me here with you? Hadn't you realised that if you were just a decent person, maybe Damon and Bonnie would've brought you back with us? Or you wouldn't even be in here in the first place."

Kai stares at me for a moment before his face cracks and he chuckles, "Wow. Do you go to a drama school by any chance? You are very dramatic. I was offering you a bowl of pasta."

"Get out." I frown.

Kai holds his free hand up, chuckling under his breath again, "Sooo touchy."

When he doesn't move I groan and clench my jaw as I storm past him and out of the room. I make my way down the hallway, not even sure where I was heading, I just needed to be away from him.

But I hear his footsteps following after me, "Where are you going? New York?"

He chuckles at himself and I stop. I frown as I face him, "You'd love that wouldn't you? For me to leave so you can kill my friends if they come back for me."

"Mhm." Kai hums as he seems to think, then smiles, "That seems like the best option. Have a nice trip, Clem."

"Not gonna happen." I reply, "You can taunt me, threaten me, torture me all you want, but don't for a second think you're going to win the war you're starting."

Kai smirks at me, taking slow steps closer, "You have fire in you, I kinda like it."

I narrow my eyes and scoff. I turn back around and continue walking, this time deciding to go to the kitchen. I hear him follow again, "Where are you going now?"

"You don't have to follow me like a lost puppy." I respond, jogging down the stairs.

"I can't exactly taunt you if I leave you alone now, can I?" He says.