nine

Chapter Nine |

MY HEAD was pounding again. I can hear something, it sounds like someone walking. My eyes feel heavy as I begin to open them. I involuntarily make groaning noises as I try to ease the pain in my head.

I move my hand up to soothe it and then am startled by a voice, "My bad."

Kai sits on the table infront of the sofa I'm laying on. I furrow my brows, checking my hand to see if there's any traces of blood, "You hit me."

"I stopped the spell." He corrects. Kai glances at the side of my head, where it was throbbing, "I cleaned some of the blood, you'll be fine."

I sit up and take in a few breaths, trying to remember what had happened. I heard two male voices, one was very familiar and the other was becoming familiar. I felt nauseous, "How long was I out for?"

"Not long." Kai says, "Twenty minutes?"

"I heard everything, I felt everything but I couldn't see anything, I couldn't control myself." I tell him, "It was Joshua. What does he want with me?"

Kai takes in a breath before he exhales it and glances around the room, trying to make out that it wasn't bothering him, "He obviously knows you're in here with me, and you're an access to see me."

"But he could just put himself in here." I say, "So why hasn't he?"

Kai lets out a chuckle under his breath followed by a small shrug, "Because I'll tear his head from his body. He's afraid."

"I heard Damon's voice, behind Joshua's." I tell him, trying to remember exactly what I had heard during the somewhat possession.

Kai's eyebrows instantly pull together and he remains silent for a long moment. He pushes himself up from the table, "So that's how he knows you're here. Your little friends must've gone to him for help, which was clearly a mistake."

"They are trying to find me." I say to myself. I thought they would've stopped trying, after all Kai could kill them, and I was no longer in the prison world Mystic Falls.

I feel another pain in my head and groan. Kai bows his head, furrowing his brows, "Is it happening again?"

"No." I say, knowing the pain hurt but it felt different. I push myself up from the sofa, "It's a different pain."

"Explain it." He says.

I shrug, "I don't know, it just feels like my brain is trying to remember something."

"What did you just say?" Kai asks.

"It just feels like my brai -- "

" -- no." He interupts, "Before that."

"They're trying to find me." I say and then the pain hits again. I scrunch my eyes for a long moment to relieve it.

"That must be it." Kai says before he begins to head towards the destruction on the living room floor, "What were you looking for?"

"What?" I question, confused. He wasn't very good at elaborating his thoughts to me.

"Joshua." He states, searching through the junk on the floor, "What was he looking for?"