1

Liv Foster let out a frustrated sigh as she stormed into the lab. Her eyes scanned the room for her brown haired best friend only to come up empty handed.

Everyone was rushing around and Liv was getting frustrated with not knowing what was going on. She knew it had something to do with the Tesseract, but no one was giving her a clear answer. She also knew that Clint would know which is exactly why she was trying to find him at the moment.

Liv's eyes caught ahold of Erik Selvig who was rushing around by the Tesseract. She quickly walked over to her friend and called out to him, "Erik!" The scientist looked up and despite the tired and frazzled look on his face, he managed to give her a smile.

"Liv," Erik greeted as the brunette came to a stop in front of him. Now that he was helping S.H.I.E.L.D. with the whole tesseract problem, Erik knew about Liv being an agent which made things ten times easier and happened to make their friendship a little stronger.

"Have you seen Clint? I've been searching for him for ten minutes now," Liv said as she let out another frustrated sigh. Erik chuckled softly at the girl before nodding his head to the side. "He's in his nest," Erik told her and the girl quickly looked in that direction to find her best friend sitting up high on a railing.

Liv shook her head at the boy before thanking Erik and climbing up to where Clint was. "Awe, look at the bird hanging out in his nest," Liv teased with a small laugh as she reached the top. Clint looked over at the girl and let out a small laugh before saying, "Wow. You really got me."

Liv rolled her eyes at his sarcasm before taking a seat next to him. "So little birdie, got anything to tell me?" Liv asked, a huge grin on her face. Clint let out a breathy laugh before glancing over at her. "If you are talking about the tesseract then yes," Clint said.

"Good. That's exactly what I was talking about," Liv said. Clint sighed and looked back down at the people below who were all bustling around the lab in panic. "There was an energy surge from the tesseract a few hours ago," Clint told her. Liv's eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "What do you mean? I thought NASA hadn't authorized Erik to go into test phase yet," Liv said.

Clint looked at her. "That's the thing. He wasn't testing it, Liv. He wasn't even in the room," Clint told her. Liv's eyes widened in surprise. "It just turned itself on?" She asked, her eyes flickering over to look at the glowing blue cube in the center of the room.

"I guess. I'm not exactly sure how that thing even works though," Clint said, but Liv wasn't paying attention. Her eyes were now trained on a familiar eye patch wearing guy walking into the room. She watched as Fury walked up to Erik. The two exchanged a few words before Erik pointed up at the two agents.

Within seconds the two both heard on their earpieces, "Agent Barton, Agent Foster, report."

Liv smiled at the familiar voice before promptly getting up and jumping over the railing. She landed on the ground with ease and looked back up to Clint who was giving her an unimpressed look. He rolled his eyes at her and she laughed. "What? I bet you can't do it," she called up to him.

"You're right. But that's only because I'm smart," Clint called down to her as he walked over to the rope he had connected to the ceiling so that he could ride down. Liv let out a loud laugh before saying, "Yeah, okay. No need to lie, Barton. I know you're just afraid."

However Clint just ignored her before sliding down the rope all the way to the floor. As soon as he had landed and walked over to her, he gave her a look and asked, "Why did I have to be stuck with you? Why couldn't Natasha have been assigned here with me?" Liv's mouth fell open in shock and she promptly whacked his arm. "Shut up. You know you love me," Liv told him.